spc
Search similar:

uniqs

rugmankc
join:2007-11-26
Fairborn, OH

rugmankc

Anyone have a similar problem?

Not sure if this post will get much feedback here, but I'll try.

Vista Home Premium 32,

For the last few weeks my internet connection is taken longer to go active. For a long time it was only 5-15 seconds until it connected. Now it is 1-2 minutes, closer to 2. I have done virus/spyware scans and have tried it in areas where there is no connection to eliminate an internet thief.

Recently, I have found that Comodo was being put on hold while it initialized and NOD32's Antivirus and AntiSpyware was being disabled during the 1-2 minute startup. I never noticed this before, but never looked since the internet connection came up guickly.

I uninstalled/reinstalled Comodo an NOD32, no change. I have exclusions for each of them for each other.

Nothing done new to the laptop. Any ideas.

Ken

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

Cudni

MVM

check the event viewer logs + check the system health
»www.vista4beginners.com/ ··· m-health

Cudni

rugmankc
Fairborn, OH

rugmankc

No help there, but Thanks

Ken
rugmankc

rugmankc

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
These are the errors I found in my event log. Could they effect my Security programs (Comodo/NOD32) as described in my first post. And, hold my internet connection closed for a longer than normal time. Also, is there a better forum to post this in? These same errors go back several months.

ken

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game to rugmankc

Premium Member

to rugmankc
We'll start on the conservative side:

Event ID#7, Source: vzcdbsvc
VAIO Entertainment Database Service belonging to the VAIO Entertainment studio.
Desc.: Failed to load the plug-in module
1. Take off of Startup:
Start> Run> msconfig> enter> Selective startup> Startup tab> UNCHECK this process> Apply> OK
2. Change Service Startup type:
Start> Run> services.msc>
Right click on VzCdbSvc.> Properties> Change Startup to Manual> Apply> OK.
Right click on Remote Access Auto-Connection Manager> change to Manual> OK.
Reboot> Ignore and close nag message after checking 'don't show this message again'. Stay in Selective Startup

HttpEvent ID 15016 Kerberos problem

»www.techtalkz.com/window ··· 6-a.html
»briannoyes.net/PermaLink ··· 8e3af856

Service Control Manager error EVENT ID 7009. with a "Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 service to connect".

Turn it off or uninstall that so it stops searching your PC in the background for media..see here

»forums.support.roxio.com ··· 397.html

Steps posted here might also help you in general.

»gladiator-antivirus.com/ ··· 9285&hl=

I would also run a good safe registry cleaner in that PC to help with the speed problem.

rugmankc
Fairborn, OH

rugmankc

Thanks Name Game,

I will look into all those tonite,

I do run ccleaner and do backups.

After internet is started, computer runs fine.

Ken
rugmankc

1 edit

rugmankc

May have solved the problem.
I have two "Terminal Services" in my Windows Services. One was set to Auto and one Manual. The manual one was the Terminal Services Configuration Service. It deals with remote desktop configurations and certificates. I am on a laptop connected to a wireless router. I set the service to auto like the other one. I don't why it affected the start up with CF and NOD32, but it seems it may have. Perhaps it was taking time to activate the service from manual to on.

Anyway, this may be a solution for others who have had CF initialize longer than normal. I shut down and rebooted three times now and the time from logon to internet connection and having CF and NOD32 up and running is back to five seconds or so.

Time will tell if this fixed it. But, this the first time it has started this fast in weeks or maybe months.

I know awhile back I disabled and/or set to manual several things I thought I didn't need. That may have been when things started to slow down, and I never made the connection.

I will follow with a final post if this works. And, may reinstall Vista SP2.

Thanks for all the inputs,

Ken