share rss forum feed

SG79

join:2009-05-27
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to redxii

Re: Official Speed Tests Thread

Can somebody help me? My upload speed is really lagging. I'm not sure how to tweak this. Download speed is okay, but uploads are taking forever. Any help is greatly appreciated...

SG79

join:2009-05-27
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

4 edits

Another test...

This is on my ADSL connection to NYU.

Just kidding. Connected through GigE via one of the NYU dorms. All the kiddies have left for the summer, so more bandwidth for me, I suppose.

Internet is included in my monthly rent, which is $1800 / month for a mini-studio. Oh yes, and an additional $45k / year in tuition.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

Whew, expensive...but that's a LOT of bandwidth

I used ot get 75-85 Mbpps symmetric over my school connection (100 Mbit ethernet off of an OC3 for the whole school) but recently speeds have dropped due to congestion. Hopefully they'll have their own fiber ring in by the end f the summer. Then we'll have gigabit, and eventually 10GE.

I'm off-campus at this point so most of the time I'm on WiFi, which still gives 10-20 Mbps symmetric depending on where you are on-campus.

Would I move back on-campus, doubling my rent, to get 100 Mbps up and down? Probably not, since the darned thing is firewalled. Then again, I've been able to push 2 MB/s down and up on torrents over WiFi