uniqs

Travelfan1
RIP Analog Go Digital
join:2005-08-23
Woodbridge, NJ

Travelfan1

[HD] Comcast of Plaifield NJ: FX, Speed and Fox News HD - 06/02

Ad on the Star Ledger today, page 4:

Effective 06/02, the following HD channels will be added to Comcast lineup in Plainfield, NJ system:
Speed HD - channel 275 - Expanded Basic Service
Fx HD - Channel 276 - Expanded Basic Service
Fox News HD - Channel 277 - Economy Tier

And, once again, Comcast puts the unbelievable claim "Did you know a current channel lineup is available at www.comcast.com?" - Comcast should first fix the channel lineup in the website before making false claims like this one....
dyhrdmet
join:2008-10-25
Springfield, NJ

dyhrdmet

Re: [HD] Comcast of Plaifield NJ: FX, Speed and Fox News HD - 06

Click for full size
I see it on NJ.com too for Comcast of Jersey City. you think they could scatter the communication for the NJ systems any more?

amen
@caxt.com

amen to Travelfan1

Anon

to Travelfan1
On our about???

Only Comcast could approve an ad like that...

CRP2
Comcast of Ocean County
join:2005-12-26
Brick, NJ

1 edit

CRP2 to dyhrdmet

to dyhrdmet
See my post below.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY

sansri88 to Travelfan1

Premium Member

to Travelfan1
I presume this is for union as well. Still waiting for science hd though...and we have the room (once they remove the message on msnbc and tcm).

Travelfan1
RIP Analog Go Digital
join:2005-08-23
Woodbridge, NJ

Travelfan1

said by sansri88:

I presume this is for union as well. Still waiting for science hd though...and we have the room (once they remove the message on msnbc and tcm).
Neither ad that we've seen so far talk about Union... Maybe there was one in the home news tribune today?

CRP2
Comcast of Ocean County
Brick, NJ

CRP2

I overlooked it. There is an ad in the APP announcing the aforementioned additions for June 2nd. Applies to Comcast of Monmouth, Ocean, Toms River & LBI.
dyhrdmet
Springfield, NJ

dyhrdmet

I've seen it before where different ads are scattered around for different systems. i'm just thinking that we haven't found them all (and nothing like www.comcast.com/newjersey to tell us for sure).

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88 to Travelfan1

Premium Member

to Travelfan1
That happened with the wliw repo. We weren't mentioned but it happened for us anyway.
dmasterscott
Comcast Of NJ II
join:2006-10-14
Woodbridge, NJ

dmasterscott to Travelfan1

to Travelfan1
I just checked the Home News Tribune.. There wasn't any Comcast ads at all..

Jamesbobo
@comcast.net

Jamesbobo

Anon

The Star Ledger has it listed and it looks to me that the Union area is included. I'm in that area.
dyhrdmet
Springfield, NJ

dyhrdmet

I actually tried using Comcast's customer service chat, and the best answer that I got from the rep was the listing of new HD that we got in "May" (actually, the ones from April), and that we would be notified after the fact. i even gave the rep the link to the ad from the Star Ledger that I posted earlier to show what I was talking about.

I am really really going to assume that these channels appear on June 2 (oh crap, that's next Tuesday). Maybe we'll get something else in July to replace the 2 we lost this month???
mdelcorso
join:2007-12-23
Berkeley Heights, NJ

mdelcorso to Travelfan1

to Travelfan1
Star Ledger (Union Edition) had an add today. It was for "Comcast of Plainfield" only. Unfortunately I have Comcast of Union...

I will scan the add later...
mdelcorso

mdelcorso

Scan from Today's Ledger - Comcast of Plainfield

CRP2
Comcast of Ocean County
Brick, NJ

CRP2

FX HD, Fox News HD & Speed HD all live on Comcast of Ocean this morning. I thought that they wouldn't be live until tomorrow.
dyhrdmet
Springfield, NJ

dyhrdmet

when do you think we'll get another set of HD? They recently removed 2 analogs and I think had some space open already, and this only takes up 1 analog slot.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88

Premium Member

Well it hasn't been added here to Union, so maybe I was wrong and this didn't apply for us...damn.
Slappy1
join:2009-03-12
Linden, NJ

Slappy1 to Travelfan1

to Travelfan1
well looks like every system received the new channels except for Union...not a shocker

amen
@caxt.com

amen to Travelfan1

Anon

to Travelfan1
No new HD channels here in Comcast Burlington County (NJ)
ednj
join:2001-03-09
Hillsborough, NJ

ednj to Travelfan1

to Travelfan1
We had all three channels as of 6/1/09 in Hillsborough Twp., NJ.
dyhrdmet
Springfield, NJ

dyhrdmet to Slappy1

to Slappy1
they had better add them by next Tuesday. I'd question this with a chat rep, but I've already found them to be clueless on this topic.

actor90
Never a dull moment
Premium Member
join:2003-07-21
Jackson, NJ

actor90 to Travelfan1

Premium Member

to Travelfan1
All channels are up and running on the Comcast of Toms River, NJ system as of today.
dyhrdmet
Springfield, NJ

dyhrdmet

anything in the local papers for these channels coming to Comcast of Union NEXT Tuesday? just a hunch. nothing new posted on NJ.com (but they're not always on top of these things).
dmasterscott
Comcast Of NJ II
join:2006-10-14
Woodbridge, NJ

dmasterscott

I didn't see anything in THNT today

However, i don't know if anyone noticed.. They did Repo MSNBC and TCM this week. Its no longer showing the DTA message.. So i guess that's a good sign...

Jamesbobo
@comcast.net

Jamesbobo to ednj

Anon

to ednj
Obviously I was wrong about Comcast in Union. But in case you didn't know, even though we stll cannot get F/X HD we can at least watch Rescue Me in HD by using On Demand.
paulnj
Premium Member
join:2005-06-02
Beach Haven, NJ

paulnj to actor90

Premium Member

to actor90
These channels are all pixalated for me (all HD boxes) on the LBI system. Anyone else heard of problems with these (Channels 275-76-77)?
Slappy1
join:2009-03-12
Linden, NJ

Slappy1 to Travelfan1

to Travelfan1
according to imdb.com tv listings & comcast.com/tv listings/whats on- comcast of union should have these channels as they are listed. But we never received them. Maybe they will be pushing them soon?
mdelcorso
join:2007-12-23
Berkeley Heights, NJ

mdelcorso to Travelfan1

to Travelfan1
My Tivo has been convinced that Comcast of Union has these three for a few weeks now but they aren't there.

Frankly, there is already too much of my cable bandwidth wasted on FoxNews. I don't need any more