This is a sub-selection from Abitration is a scam

Shelleyp
@sbcglobal.net

1 recommendation

Shelleyp to moonpuppy

Anon

to moonpuppy

Re: Abitration is a scam

Class action lawsuits have helped redefine the pharmaceutical industry, have brought about stronger safety regulations with toys, tools, and especially the auto industry.

Class action lawsuits have ended abusive consumer practices in industries, such as the telecom industry, which includes AT&T, Cingular, and so on.

Yes, sometimes the only ones that win money are the lawyers, but that doesn't mean that we consumers, don't also benefit in the long run.

I think this is also a fair time to mention support for the Arbitration Fairness Act of 2009.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by Shelleyp :

Class action lawsuits have helped redefine the pharmaceutical industry, have brought about stronger safety regulations with toys, tools, and especially the auto industry.

Class action lawsuits have ended abusive consumer practices in industries, such as the telecom industry, which includes AT&T, Cingular, and so on.

Yes, sometimes the only ones that win money are the lawyers, but that doesn't mean that we consumers, don't also benefit in the long run.

I think this is also a fair time to mention support for the Arbitration Fairness Act of 2009.
Someone would not happen to be a laywer now would they?

Shelleyp
@sbcglobal.net

2 recommendations

Shelleyp

Anon

No, I'm not a lawyer. My name is Shelley Powers. I write about technology for a living. I also happen to be a passionate supporter for consumer rights. Enough so that I took the time to understand the issues.

SLD
Premium Member
join:2002-04-17
San Francisco, CA

SLD to Shelleyp

Premium Member

to Shelleyp
Hey! I love my $20 rebates towards future services with the company I hated so much I sued!
xrobertcmx
Premium Member
join:2001-06-18
White Plains, MD

xrobertcmx

Premium Member

So you had Verizon Wireless at one time too?
45071419 (banned)
join:2006-07-30

1 edit

45071419 (banned) to Shelleyp

to Shelleyp
Class actions are the lesser of two evils. Are 500,000 people going to individually hire a lawyer and go after AA&T (or whoever) for the less than $100 dollars that they owe them? Are those people going individually sue for the shit service they received? No.

You can bring up weak class action suits like the Airborne class action all day long. But without class action suits companies are made to be responsible, where they would not normally be if individuals had to sue to get what is due to them.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory to ptrowski

to ptrowski
Lawyers are also consumers, are they not? I'm not one, but I live with one. They're not all bad! They're not all rich either!

pepe382104
@northwestern.edu

pepe382104 to Shelleyp

Anon

to Shelleyp
You should definitely get a second opinion. The truth is, the vast majority of class action lawsuits do not benefit the consumer in a significant fashion and favor the attorneys monetarily. There's nothing wrong with looking our for the rights of the consumer as look as you do it objectively and in an informed manner.
ross7
join:2000-08-16

ross7 to 45071419

to 45071419
said by 45071419:

Class actions are the lesser of two evils. Are 500,000 people going to individually hire a lawyer and go after AA&T (or whoever) for the less than $100 dollars that they owe them? Are those people going individually sue for the shit service they received? No.

You can bring up weak class action suits like the Airborne class action all day long. But without class action suits companies are made to be responsible, where they would not normally be if individuals had to sue to get what is due to them.
Don't you mean "WITH"?
45071419 (banned)
join:2006-07-30

45071419 (banned)

said by ross7:

said by 45071419:

Don't you mean "WITH"?
LoL. Yes, with.
PittsPgh
Premium Member
join:2003-08-21
Pittsburgh, PA

1 edit

PittsPgh to SLD

Premium Member

to SLD
said by SLD:

Hey! I love my $20 rebates towards future services with the company I hated so much I sued!
I got $45 from Epson to use at thier Epson Store. I put it towards a new scanner.

SLD
Premium Member
join:2002-04-17
San Francisco, CA

SLD

Premium Member

Exactly! The only way to take advantage of your reward in the judgement is to buy more product from the very company that fucked you over - and they still make profit of the sale. These coupon award scams should be outlawed. All it does is allow the losing company to retain the customers that were so fed up they sued against, and make additional profits while replacing the defective or misadvertised item when the plaintants redeem the coupons towards the replacement item.
« No responsibility
This is a sub-selection from Abitration is a scam