share rss forum feed

Birolo

join:2005-04-24
Woodstock, GA

2 edits
reply to EG

DOCSIS 3.0 Available in Woodstock, GA

Hi,

As I mentioned in a few posts above, I saw an increase in speed since the beginning of May. I went on line to check if docsis 3.0 was available in my area but until today it says no. I decided to contact comcast and they told me that I have it so I am getting my docsis 3.0 modem and going for 22/5 to see how it works. Picking it up tomorrow.

The only bad thing is tha I had up to 16mbps and they do not offer 22/5 at no extra cost as I saw is happening in Chicago (the copy of that letter that someone posted here). It will be another extra $ 10.00.

I will let you know as soon I get some numbers. Crossing my fingers.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23

1 recommendation

said by Birolo:

The only bad thing is tha I had up to 16mbps and they do not offer 22/5 at no extra cost as I saw is happening in Chicago (the copy of that letter that someone posted here). It will be another extra $ 10.00.

That is to be expected. Those Chicago customers were paying more for Blast than most of the rest of the country. In fact, they were paying $69.95/mo. for Blast (those who also had at least one other Comcast service). In that same scenario, most of us were paying $52.95 for Blast. That's why they got the "free" upgrade.

See this subthread if you have not already ---> »About those "free" upgrades from 16/2 to 22/5
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

Birolo

Woodstock, GA
sortofageek, thanks for explaining that, I did not know that they were paying that for Blast. Yes, in this area is $ 42.95 plus the extra $ 10.00 for a total of $ 52.95. With the 22/5 will be an extra $ 10.00 for a final cost of $ 62.95 and this is for people that have at least Cable TV or VOIP I believe.

Thanks again.

Birolo

Woodstock, GA

1 edit
reply to Birolo
Ok, I got my modem, it is a Motorola surfboard model sb6120. I installed it and this is what I am getting and should get a little bit better.

The problem now is that I had the Arris TM602G/CT before this one and it was able to handle internet and phone. This Motorola one is only for internet and I was told to keep the Arris (I was not told about it yesterday when upgraded over the phone).

Internet is up and running but my phone line is dead. I called Comcast and tried to solve my problem with no luck. So I have no phone now

Cjaiceman
Premium,MVM
join:2004-10-12
Parker, CO
kudos:2
How many downstream channels do you have bonded? Also, are those speed tests directly to your computer from the modem or through a router?
--
Duct tape is like The Force – it has a light side and a dark side, and it binds the Universe together

Birolo

Woodstock, GA
reply to Birolo
Sorry if I should not post this here but how can access the Motorola sb6120 setup/config page? »192.168.1.1/ does not apply for this modem? Thanks and move this post if necessary.

mustang50
Premium
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Birolo:

Sorry if I should not post this here but how can access the Motorola sb6120 setup/config page? »192.168.1.1/ does not apply for this modem? Thanks and move this post if necessary.
»192.168.100.1/