join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ

mech1164 to Logan 5

to Logan 5

Re: REboot... REboot....REboot.

said by Logan 5:

One more:

- Lost In Space
All I can say is....ugh it Stars Matt LeBlanc who went on to fame as Joey on Friends... that should be enough right there..
»www.imdb.com/title/tt0120738/
LIS could have been alot better. The whole premise was bad, "Oh my the world is a stinking piece of cr@p". Yes LeBlanc was not that good but he was a he11 lot better then William Hurt. The reboot lost me when they did the big reveal of the new J2. After that I lost most if not all interest. At least with the new Star Trek reboot The ships were fairly recognizable.

Now what we need is a reboot of Village of the Giants.

Logan 5
What a long strange trip its been
Premium Member
join:2001-05-25
San Francisco, CA

1 edit

Logan 5

Premium Member

One more:

- Lost In Space
All I can say is....ugh it Stars Matt LeBlanc who went on to fame as Joey on Friends... that should be enough right there..
»www.imdb.com/title/tt0120738/
Sniper3142
Slapsho3142
join:2002-01-25
Tustin, CA

Sniper3142 to Logan 5

to Logan 5
I think the latest Hulk film was GREAT!

Unlike the other ones, it had a good script, storyline, writing, and acting.

The big green guy isn't for everyone and there will be people who hate ANY Hulk film so...

Logan 5
Premium Member
San Francisco, CA

2 edits

Logan 5

Premium Member

I'm bored and since this is my thread (RHIP) I say lets make a list of all the franchise movie "reboots" in the span of +/- 10 years, and lets debate if they've sucked or nor and why...

I'm talking about ONLY those TV or Movie franchises that have taken (or will take) their IP in a completely different direction in an attempt to reinvent it and as such have ruined (or may ruin) the franchise and may (or already have) dilute the already watered down IP with another crap movie or direct-to-tv adaptation.

In keeping with this forum, Sci-Fi, Fantasy & Horror movies/series only please.

My picks in no particular order:

- Texas Chainsaw Massacre:
The latest one was a piece of crap prequel that tried to tell the back story of "why leatherface".
»www.imdb.com/title/tt0324216/

- Star Trek:
Yea Yea, it's doing better then the prior 2 trek movies combined but still no where near "Titanic-esque" numbers or the hype surrounding a movie from the 'god' JJ Abrams... an above average story for a change but not stellar..
»www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

- Batman:
The Dark Knight corrected an imbalance that has been growing since the 2nd Batman movie.
»www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

- The Hulk:
They've all sucked... period. Even trying to "Make Hulk LESS angry" in the last one didn't help it much..
»www.imdb.com/find?s=all& ··· &x=0&y=0

Your turn, let's see what 'yall can come up with..

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to seaquake

Premium Member

to seaquake
Alien and the Aliens (the second one) were excellent. I saw the second Alien movie at the theatre.

As for them reboots, yes I agree with everyone that it is sickening and maddening. Prime example, Halloween and Friday the 13th were reboots (and a waste). And no, I didn't bother going to see it or waste my bandwidth on them load of excrement.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to Logan 5

MVM

to Logan 5
I read somewhere recently that they're looking at doing a Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie. Unsure if it will be based on the TV show (which came after the original move) or if it will be a brand-new reboot.

Yeah, I'm kind of sick of hearing the whole reboot thing. But with the success of Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica, it's an inevitable evil we're gonna be stuck with for some time.

As for Alien, I've only seen 3 and 4 in their entirety. I've not gotten through 1 nor 2....just didn't get into them for some reason. Say 3 in the theater with some friends and I don't remember why I watched 4.

Logan 5
Premium Member
San Francisco, CA

Logan 5

Premium Member

yep... I remember that stinking pile of....

I was referring to Movies only but TV series are an even crappier example... In most cases, making a TV series 'reboot' of a movie means they probably couldn't trust themselves to make it in to a movie again b/c they know it would suck badly a 2nd time....

All the movie studios are now looking closely at the successes of the JJ Abrams Trek movie and seeing $$$ in their eyes.....

Just more crap to avoid seeing in the coming years I guess.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to Logan 5

Premium Member

to Logan 5
said by Logan 5:

I can't wait for the "Reboot" of such classics as the 80's "Flash Gordon" ...
Guess you missed »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fl ··· 07-08.29

Logan 5
Premium Member
San Francisco, CA

2 edits

2 recommendations

Logan 5

Premium Member

It seems like every time you turn around lately, some movie franchise or another is trying to "reinvent" it's self by 'rebooting' the franchise. This is usually accomplished by bringing writers, producers and directors not known for the franchise as well as casting relative unknown actors in key roles.

The latest franchise to be "rebooted" is the Alien franchise....

»www.darkhorizons.com/new ··· reboot-/
quote:
Music video director Carl Erik Rinsch is rumored to be helming a potential and totally unnecessary reboot/prequel to the "Alien" franchise for 20th Century Fox.

Story details are unknown but sources say the idea is to return to the formula of the first film (one alien, one ship) and the film could be a non-Ripley involved film set before the events on the Nostromo in Ridley Scott's 1979 "Alien" to avoid both continuity problems and the scorn of the franchise's fans who'd be very vocally disapproving of a straight up remake.

Sources also claim that Michael Costigan, Ridley Scott and Tony Scott are all on board to produce. At last report back in April, Scott was said to be "toying around with the idea" of another "Alien" film.

Fox's planned reboot of the "Predator" film franchise with Robert Rodriguez announced the other month, combined with the successful relaunch of the "Star Trek" film franchise which also kicked off with its first film in 1979, has understandably led credibility to such a rumor.
I can't wait for the "Reboot" of such classics as the 80's "Flash Gordon" or "spaceballs"........ Pick your crappiest moview of all time and eventually there will be a reboot for it if there isn't one already...