Logan 5
Enjoying the Cataclysm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-25
Austin, TX
kudos:7
reply to Logan 5

Re: REboot... REboot....REboot.

Yup... the "re-imagined" Nightmare on Elm Street looks pretty cool....

Hope Robert Englund has some kinda cameo in it... He deserves it for his work in the original 7 (or was it 8) movies.

On a side note, I can't believe this thread's survived almost a year as a sticky...

Guess it really did bring out some memorable discussions didn't it...

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

2 edits
reply to Logan 5

I just read that they are remaking
Judge Dredd.. in 3d.
»www.newsinfilm.com/2010/05/12/ju···irector/

»www.imdb.com/title/tt1343727/

»scifiwire.com/2010/05/its-the-la···dd-r.php

Also Fright Night is getting rebooted:
»www.imdb.com/title/tt1438176/

Logan 5
Enjoying the Cataclysm
Premium,MVM
Austin, TX

Lol... whenever I hear the name Judge Dredd, I ALWAYS think of the Sly Stallone version:

"Eye Yam Duh Law"....

This one looks like a good concept but will wait and see if they come out with a non 3D version... Not everyone can see 3D correctly, and I'm not about to plunk down a premium over a regular ticket price just to get a migraine headache from a 3D movie...

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
reply to Logan 5

I just saw on imdb.com that a remake of "Poltergeist" is scheduled for 2013.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Logan 5

I read somewhere (televisionary blog probably) that ABC is toying with a reboot of Alias. None of the original actors are expected to be in it, and they're thinking of staying away from the whole prophecy bit.

Frankly, I liked the original well enough that I'm not sure I'd like a reboot. Why not just come up with another spy/action series -- that'd work

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Logan 5

How long before the "Mr. Ed" reboot? It's got a talking animal. Just slather on some type of environmental, green, save the animals message and kids will eat it up. Happy Meals toys and collectible glasses at your local McDonalds.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

said by juilinsandar:

...collectible glasses at your local McDonalds.
With chromium or something else.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

Logan 5
Enjoying the Cataclysm
Premium,MVM
Austin, TX
reply to juilinsandar

Don't forget to order the new "extra" mercury fillet-o-fish sandwich... Make's 'em McTasty!!

ksharp25

join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
reply to Logan 5

Well its been mentioned previously in this post, but, a reboot is a total new story or origin, etc. A remake is just a new version or spin on an accepted story-line. Subtle difference? Sure. But a difference non-the-less.

Now with that said, Hollywood sources have actually stated why some properties are being rebooted. In the case of comic book movies, its because the comic books themselves have been rebooted. Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Hulk, Iron Man, etc were all written in the 50s-60s. In some cases 40s or earlier (preliminary nerd rage flame defense) depending on property. A lot of super heros from DC and Marvel were rebooted in comic form in the late 60s to "modernize" the character, evironment, culture and events closer to the actual world environment of the 60s themselves to be more relevant to kids of that generation.

Well its been happening again. Since about...2006 or so, many of the super heros are getting fresh reboots in the comics to once again bring them up to speed with todays world. Some of which just came out in the last year AFTER modern movies have been made. Just one example...Spider-Man. After the Toby Maguire film trilogy, Marvel kicked out an all new origin story for Peter Parker to modernize him to todays world and technology for comic readers. Many others are getting the same treatment if they have not already. Iron Man, Hulk, XMen, Superman, Thor, etc. SO that is why a even NEWER Spider-Man reboot movie is in production to release later in 2011.

So despite Iron Man movies, 2 Hulks, and others (like the XMen trilogy) already having modern film versions from 2002-2009; since alot of the comic origin stories just got re-written in the past 2 years or so, get ready...here they come. Gotta milk em till their dry is the current model for Hollywood these days.

Boricua
Premium
Sacramuerto

I saw a ticker on CNN saying "The Incredible Hulk" is being remade. It's probably a reboot, just like "Hawaii Five-O" currently .
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

ksharp25

join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US

said by Boricua:

I saw a ticker on CNN saying "The Incredible Hulk" is being remade. It's probably a reboot, just like "Hawaii Five-O" currently .
Most likely a reboot yes. The Hulk comic redid an all new origin story after the latest Edward Norton film was out.

Kenash0713

join:2011-05-24
Beantown, MA
reply to Logan 5

The Knight Rider reboot went up in flames. I wouldn't mind seeing an Airwolf or A-Team TV reboot though.

Boricua
Premium
Sacramuerto
reply to Logan 5

More reboots, including Scarface .
--

Expand your moderator at work

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to Logan 5

Re: REboot... REboot....REboot.

They are "rumored" to be rebooting The Fall Guy as a movie.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to Logan 5

reboots and recycling are not always bad but the issue is finding a director and money men willing to allow a movie that is good to be made.

a reboot of Judge Dredd could be pretty cool... I mean the one we know currently even Stallone says was bad.

if done like Avatar with the same quality 3D and then find someone who can give it an actual plot it could be pretty kickass.. and id love to see the Mega City is the same IMAX 3D glory as the floating mountains in Avatar.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Boricua
Premium
Sacramuerto
reply to Logan 5

Just saw the other day, 21 Jump Street is being made. The old Johnny Depp, Holly Robinson, Peter DeLuise and Dustin Nguyen show.
--

MrMoody
Free range slave
Premium
join:2002-09-03
Smithfield, NC
reply to Logan 5

The Flintstones, hah.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Boricua

said by Boricua:

Just saw the other day, 21 Jump Street is being made. The old Johnny Depp, Holly Robinson, Peter DeLuise and Dustin Nguyen show.

ROFLMAO!!!!!
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
reply to Logan 5

Talk about a dearth of original ideas.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Logan 5

»www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/0···365.html

Re-Reboot of Wonder Woman TV Show.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

netsurfer1

join:2012-04-13
Atlanta, GA
reply to Logan 5

Yeah right! it's like reviving songs.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Logan 5

»www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film···uel.html

"Audiences will be given a sixth helping of X-Men plus Fast and Furious 6, Die Hard 5, Scary Movie 5 and Paranormal Activity 5. There will also be Iron Man 3, The Hangover 3, and second outings for The Muppets, The Smurfs, GI Joe and Bad Santa.

Reboots include the Superman film Man of Steel, plus a new version of The Evil Dead, a new Mad Max, and a second film in the latest reincarnation of Star Trek. "

Makes me wonder if studios are going to have the stomach to take a chance on anything new.
--

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

Hey, they didn't mention that thing that's supposedly a Robocop reboot. Maybe it died. I hope.
--
Think Outside the Fox.

Boricua
Premium
Sacramuerto
reply to juilinsandar

said by juilinsandar:

Makes me wonder if studios are going to have the stomach to take a chance on anything new.

Judging by all these reboots, rehash, re-whatever, whaddya think?
--

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Logan 5

I heard The Crow is going to be remade for a release in 2015. Not much in the way of details yet but it sounds like a revamp of the original script. I find that to be a real shame as there were other "crow" stories that would've made a great adaptation.
--
Add a signature here

Boricua
Premium
Sacramuerto
reply to Logan 5

Carrie is being remade . (sigh) As has been mentioned, these fools so out of ideas .
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to PhoenixDown

said by PhoenixDown:

I heard The Crow is going to be remade for a release in 2015. Not much in the way of details yet but it sounds like a revamp of the original script. I find that to be a real shame as there were other "crow" stories that would've made a great adaptation.

I don't think they ever did the original work justice in the movie adaptations. IMO Brandon Lee was an excellent choice. Not sure who would be a good choice now so even if they could come up with a better script I think it would simply be updated but not better,....

System
reply to Logan 5

This topic has been un-stickied by Icarus See Profile