Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to Logan 5

Re: REboot... REboot....REboot.

Not sure if they're reboots or just remakes:

War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise

The Day the Earth Stood Still with Keanu Reeves

I haven't seen the second one but neither of these classics needed to be remade.

Oh. Add "The Fog" to the list, too. The remake was just dumb.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
I agree the War of the Worlds Tom Cruise was an utter POS. Dont forget the C. Thomas Howell version was worse than awful on the Sky Fy channel.
--
Yo te digo, el mundo esta jodido

MrMoody
Free range slave
Premium
join:2002-09-03
Smithfield, NC
reply to seaquake
said by seaquake:

The difference between a reboot and a remake is somewhat nebulous, but to me a reboot steals the characters and changes the story, while a remake sticks mostly to the original story.
--
The law of supply and demand: The fewer people controlling the supply, the more they can demand

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
said by MrMoody:

said by seaquake:

The difference between a reboot and a remake is somewhat nebulous, but to me a reboot steals the characters and changes the story, while a remake sticks mostly to the original story.
Yeah, quite a blurry line there as something more significant than characters has to change in order to even think about remaking a movie.

Just thought of another one while sitting here: Knight Rider. Yeah, TV series, but they tried rebooting it. Unfortunately, I think they were on the verge of figuring out the right character dynamics in the final few episodes before it was canned.

As for BSG, I do like the original (every Saturday at 9pm on RTN) but the remake is certainly more riveting. IMOHO, that's one that they certainly got right.

Logan 5
Enjoying the Cataclysm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-25
Austin, TX
kudos:7

1 edit
Hulu has all the original BSG from '79 available for free streaming via their site....

They also have a fair selection of Anime & Sci-Fi there as well...

I recommend using the Hulu Desktop application for viewing....

»www.hulu.com/labs/hulu-desktop