uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rick
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-06
Waterbury, CT

1 edit

New 50,000k pricing

I was told that effective today 50Mb/10Mb pricing is as follows (at least here in New England in areas it's available)...

99.95 when combined with one other product
116.95 standalone CHSI

And, when combined with a bundle this is the upgrade cost

HD Starter ...50.00
HD plus...40.00
HD premier...30.00

Can anyone confirm this and is this in other areas as well?

Mod Note: Closing and adding link here ---> »Is the DOCSIS 3 rollout complete in your area? Post here.

--
The Coyote captured the RR! Roadrunner Rick is now Comcastic!

NathanO

join:2008-08-21
Moorestown, NJ

That is an OK drop in price, but i wont buy it until it is $50-75

tthnow

join:2006-06-07
Oakland, CA
reply to Rick

What is that? HD plus, premier, etc?

We dont have that in my area. All I have have is HD with digital for 59.99.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
reply to Rick

50/10 is still listed at $139.95 here. None of the bundles are as low as you suggest according to the website

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to Rick

said by Rick:

I was told that effective today 50Mb/10Mb pricing is as follows (at least here in New England in areas it's available)...

99.95 when combined with one other product
116.95 standalone CHSI
Still 4x too much for Internet; IMNSHO.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Cjaiceman
Premium,MVM
join:2004-10-12
Parker, CO
kudos:2
reply to Rick

I wonder if business class internet will see a price drop for the 50/10?

akelis

@omcastbusiness.net
reply to Rick

Well, I'm thoroughly unimpressed. I've been checking out a business-class 50/10 account. My tests seem to indicate that while they can provide that kind of bandwidth between my test system (which I have proven capable of sustaining 800Mbps throughput) and the first upstream hop, they simply don't have the network infrastructure to actually provide what they claim.

I'm located just west of Portland, OR. I tested against known good (capable of sustaining 90+ Mbps with their current uplink) servers on the east coast.

Using the Comcast 50/10 uplink, I can barely maintain 30Mbps down and 1 - count it, ONE - Mbps up to these remote servers.

*shakes head* Based on this data alone, I honestly can't recommend their service to anyone; it's simply not worth it.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
reply to Rick

they can't control outside equipment....you have a tracert showing your traffic never leaves comcast's network?

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Rick

Today's Date: Tuesday, 02-Jun, 2009, 04:47:58 PM PST
Last Result:
Download Speed: 23988 kbps (2998.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 7724 kbps (965.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

50 / 10 package with a motorola 6120

its only $99 and my work covers half the cost. The speed is decent always , I wonder if they put us on a different channel ? Either way once I got off the normal tiers it seams like most of the issues I had before are gone now.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

Not a different channel, multiple channels...even if one is not good at least 2 of 4 should handle it.
You are a prime example of someone who needs/wants this tier and (quite reasonably) your company helps/ picks up the cost.

mpolter

join:2006-05-03
Oakland, CA
reply to Rick

Well I hope they drop the price on 50/10 business. 199 is too much for me to justify. The 22/5 tier at 99 I can justify at home. As I do some network testing at home, I needed to move to business class for the static IPs.

Still waiting for Comcast to announce availability of 22/5 and 50/10 here in Oakland. I heard a rumor that it will be sometime in July.

--MikeP

Cleared4Takeoff

@comcast.net
reply to Rick

Rabbit/Panther Thingy
Thanks for the heads up, Rick!

The moment that rabbit/panther thingy lands in my town, I'm going to sign up.