Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hazy Arc

join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC
reply to KrK

Re: ISPs are a Business

Hyperbole much?

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

said by Hazy Arc:

Hyperbole much?
Only on the same scale as yours.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

1 recommendation

said by KrK:

said by Hazy Arc:

Hyperbole much?
Only on the same scale as yours.
Except mine was never hyperbole.

Seems to me alot of people (Mainly conservatives) like to view the free market as an unregulated market, and CONVIENTLY forget that a free market is one where both parties have a say in price and value.

The people who argue for a deregualted market usually want to use that in their advantage to take a free market and turn it into a monopoly by robbing the consumer of choice, which exists in a free market.

Hazy Arc

join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC

1 edit
reply to KrK
Ok.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
ISps tried this in the 90s until AOL came with a monthly plan.

Like it or not, the consumer makes the choice, and that will be what happens in the end, even if they build their own ISPs.

It amazes me how stupid corporations are run today, completely blind to the fact that pissing a customer off means less customers.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to Metatron2008
Exactly. You start hearing terms like "Deregulation" and "Fair" and "Level playing field".... what they actually mean is not that they want a free market at all---- what they want is a market massively tilted in their favor, and with restrictions that benefit the consumers or defend them from monopolistic practices removed.

The companies that call for "de-regulation" are almost always the entrenched players who dominate the market, and what they seek is not a fair market at all but a removal of the rules that prevent them from crushing the competition and keeping them out of the market.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

sdafsdf

@suddenlink.net
reply to Metatron2008
you are right, you were using fallacy instead.

Phila213

join:2009-05-02
Ancaster, ON
reply to KrK
said by KrK:

Exactly. You start hearing terms like "Deregulation" and "Fair" and "Level playing field".... what they actually mean is not that they want a free market at all---- what they want is a market massively tilted in their favor, and with restrictions that benefit the consumers or defend them from monopolistic practices removed.

The companies that call for "de-regulation" are almost always the entrenched players who dominate the market, and what they seek is not a fair market at all but a removal of the rules that prevent them from crushing the competition and keeping them out of the market.
What an idiotic comment.

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
Why is his comment idiotic? Please do enlighten us.