All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mudturtle74
join:2007-06-29
Killen, AL

mudturtle74

What brand breaker fits old I-T-E Imperial breaker panel?

My electrical breaker panel is an I-T-E Imperial Corp. panel, which I understand is not made anymore. What brand of breakers do I need to buy for this panel? It is Cat. No. FEQC40MBB. On the label, it says to buy only I-T-E Type EQ-P Class CTL circuit breakers. Will Seimens fit this breaker? I really don't need a breaker at this point, but might down the road. My main reason was that I was thinking of adding a whole house surge protector in the panel. Home Depot has a GE SurgePro THQL Surge Plug-In type, but I don't know if it will fit my panel. Will this GE protector work in my panel? If not, then is there a plug-in type protector made for my panel? I know that I can use a "stand-alone" type protector and add it to the side of the panel, but that turns into a little more work than I really wanted to do. Also, it will require two more circuit breakers to be added in line with it. Any help will be appreciated.

Greg_Z
Premium Member
join:2001-08-08
Springfield, IL

Greg_Z

Premium Member

»www.electrical-contracto ··· 3&page=5

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya to mudturtle74

MVM

to mudturtle74
Siemens. Also, the GE SS is probably not listed for ITE/Siemens. You'll have to check the documentation. Almost all SS units require two slots (either plug on units or dedicated breakers).

dandeman
MVM
join:2001-12-05
Chapel Hill, NC

3 edits

dandeman

MVM

said by nunya:

Siemens. Also, the GE SS is probably not listed for ITE/Siemens. You'll have to check the documentation. Almost all SS units require two slots (either plug on units or dedicated breakers).

Ditto....

ITE was bought by Siemens... as documented here »www2.sea.siemens.com/Pro ··· dcenter? at least their AFCI breakers are listed for ITE panels..

Siemens AFCIs are specifically marketed for retrofit, given the nature of protection they provide that's especially needed in older wiring.

Here's an excerpt from the above link..

Can I add an AFCI to an old loadcenter?

Siemens AFCI circuit breakers are suitable for use in existing products manufactured by I-T-E, Gould, Siemens-Allis and Siemens Energy & Automation. Specifically the AFCI circuit breaker Types can be used in any of these products in accordance with the following table.

Breaker Type Marked on Panelboard

AFCI Breaker Type That Can Be Used

QPF QAF QPHF QAFH BQF BQAF BQHF BQHAF BLF BAF BLHF BAFH

This usage of these AFCI circuit breakers also includes their use in any series ratings marked on the products at the same levels.

mudturtle74
join:2007-06-29
Killen, AL

mudturtle74

Thanks for the info., guys