All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

badmp3
@optonline.net

badmp3

Anon

[help] Can someone explain what ~>T3 timer expiries is?

Can someone explain what a T3 Timer expiry is ?

I keep getting this but its very sporatic, but becoming very annoying because it gets my connection to D/c for a short time.

I've done some basic trouble shooting, i removed a old spilter and put in a new one. I replaced the cable modem ...
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA

TheWiseGuy

MVM

There is a list of error messages from Cisco.

»www.cisco.com/univercd/c ··· errs.htm

I don't see a T3 expired the equivalent is probably
%UBR900-3-RESET_T3_RETRIES_EXHAUSTED: R03.0 Ranging Request Retries exhausted

Explanation The cable modem has sent 16 Ranging Request (RNG-REQ) messages without receiving a Ranging Response (RNG-RSP) message in reply from the CMTS. The cable modem is therefore resetting its cable interface and restarting the registration process. This typically is caused by noise on the upstream that causes the loss of MAC-layer messages. Noise could also raise the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) on the upstream to a point where the cable modem's power level is insufficient to transmit any messages. If the cable modem cannot raise its upstream transmit power level to a level that allows successful communication within the maximum timeout period, it resets its cable interface and restarts the registration process. This error message is DOCSIS event message is R03.0, Ranging Request.

Recommended Action No action is needed if this is an occasional problem. Check the upstream transmit power for the cable modem to see if it is at or near the maximum allowable levels. Check the RF plant for cabling or connector issues that could generate sufficient noise to lose MAC-layer management