Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

2 recommendations

reply to pnh102

Re: Good

said by pnh102:

Private industries that can provide assist the government in national security matters need some kind of cover from lawsuits or else they won't be bothered to cooperate with the government when their help is needed.

No harm was done to any US citizens. The EFF & ACLU are on a witch hunt and are just looking to punish monetarily AT&T & Verizon in order to earn fees for their organizations. Call it the "Full employment for class action lawyers" lawsuit.
--
My BLOG .. .. Internet News .. .. My Web Page

woody7
Premium
join:2000-10-13
Torrance, CA
Name change, but still the same
--
BlooMe

mlundin

join:2001-03-27
Lawrence, KS
reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

No harm was done to any US citizens.
BULLSHIT. Harm is done to EVERY US citizen EVERY time a right is violated. How many rights are you willing to give away before you don't have any left? My answer is none, and so I have been harmed.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
said by mlundin:

Harm is done to EVERY US citizen EVERY time a right is violated.
How has harm been done to you personally?
--
Blagojevich / Madoff 2012!

nasadude

join:2001-10-05
Rockville, MD
said by pnh102:

How has harm been done to you personally?
are you actually curious about how he was personally harmed, or do you just not care about the constitution?

lesopp

join:2001-06-27
Land O Lakes, FL

1 recommendation

reply to mlundin
Would that apply to the rights of 401k holders whose 401k's included bonds with GM & Chrysler? Savings and investment plans further decimated by Obama contrary to standing US law, essentially denying due process and equal protection to the evil investors in order to payback the UAW.

Clearly a violation of their due process and equal protection rights.

Amendment XIV

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

pnh102
Premium
Mount Airy, MD
reply to nasadude
said by nasadude:

are you actually curious about how he was personally harmed, or do you just not care about the constitution?
Yes. That is why I asked the question.

You can't credibly claim your rights were violated without them actually being violated.
--

amungus
Premium
join:2004-11-26
America
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·KCH Cable
reply to FFH5
"No harm was done to any US citizens."

Who knows. After all, who watches the watchers? ...Or have you never considered that

I was not the least bit surprised when Obama "flip flopped" on this issue. When he first said he was against it, he was either completely ignorant of what was really going on, or didn't care and just made an empty promise anyway.

As far as those organizations being on a "witch hunt" - that's a nice way to prop up your obvious dislike for them, which should not be the issue here. Regardless of your opinion of these organizations, there is a very valid point being made. If you disagree, then let's hear some debate of substance instead of conceited opinion.

firephoto
We the people
Premium
join:2003-03-18
Brewster, WA
reply to pnh102
said by pnh102:

said by nasadude:

Yes. That is why I asked the question.

You can't credibly claim your rights were violated without them actually being violated.
It's a baited question, any answer would be related to telecommunications or internet or similar. Those things are all priviledges...

Nice try at the set and spike by you two.
--
~~This is not The Greatest Sig in the World without annoying urls, no. This is just a tribute.~~

firephoto
We the people
Premium
join:2003-03-18
Brewster, WA
reply to amungus
said by amungus:

"No harm was done to any US citizens."

Who knows. After all, who watches the watchers? ...Or have you never considered that
Those that are in support of these claims and lawsuits being dismissed will fall back on legal answers that essentially make any national spying method or program not exist. You're suppose to be a good sheep and pretend you don't know that there are pieces of hardware that exist that make this claimed activity pretty simple.

Then when the argument changes direction it will be pointed out only criminals and terrorists have anything to hide so get over yourself.

What you probably won't see them pointing out right now is the fact that these things are being dismissed because there is a law on the books that negates their case. It's easier to wave their hatred soaked political flag that points out they know more than you do. The perpetual troll that sees too much as being real but likes new names.
--
~~This is not The Greatest Sig in the World without annoying urls, no. This is just a tribute.~~

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to FFH5
Exactly right... Perhaps some physical harm would have come to you or I or our families had these wiretaps not been done. I would find it very hard to believe that NO terrorist plots were not uncovered and dealt with.

pnh102
Premium
Mount Airy, MD
reply to lesopp
Well you gotta figure since all these bailouts pretty much run afoul of the Constitution anyway what is a little more icing on the cake?
--

TKJunkMail
Premium
join:2005-12-09
reply to ITALIAN926
OH NOES! If you're willing to give up your rights so easily, I hear North Korea is nice this time of year.

RSN404

@cox.net
reply to amungus
"Who will guard the guards?"
-Digital Fortress