spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Ddraig
join:2008-07-31
Remington, VA

Ddraig

Comcast High Speed Internet Only? Don't want TV

Is there a way that I can purchase High Speed Internet only? I don't want a bundle pack and I don't want a TV service. Has anyone tried this and been able to just get their standard High-Speed service?

Thanks,
Ddraig

tjbmmb
join:2009-04-13
Fort Wayne, IN

tjbmmb

Yes you can get stand alone phone or internet service. It does cost like a little more depedning on where you live.

NathanO
join:2008-08-21
Seattle, WA

NathanO to Ddraig

to Ddraig
I have no comcast tv, but i have internet and phone from comcast
Ddraig
Remington, VA

Ddraig

Great thanks guys

My wife was going to order it and I think she was looking at the wrong place on the website when she text ed me about it.

NathanO
join:2008-08-21
Seattle, WA

NathanO

i would call, its alot less hassle. 1-800-com-cast

Puffnstuff
join:2008-04-12
Jacksonville, FL

Puffnstuff

Pricing between online and the csr differ sometimes so I'd have their online pricing available when you call. Here the online price was cheaper than the one offered by the csr I spoke with. I also have internet only and it's like $15 more than with tv service.
Ddraig
Remington, VA

Ddraig

Follow up here:

So been looking at it online as I haven't had a chance to call yet, but just needed to clarify the speed and stuff. The two services it says are 12, and 16 mbps. Is the service actually a 6 Mbps connection, and the "powerboost" bumps it up to 12 or 16 mbps for the first 5 to 10 mbs? Or is the 12, and 16 mbps the actual connection rate and the "powerboost" boosts the first 5 to 10 mbs?

Thanks!

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

The 12 and 16 SHOULD be the sustain Download speed PB can boost it quite a bit higher for the first 100-120Mb if congestion isn't a problem.
Ddraig
Remington, VA

Ddraig

Thanks that is what I thought... and the 6 MBPS in the terms is just for comparison.

Canezoid
End of line
join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA

Canezoid to Ddraig

to Ddraig
I'm on HSI only here, gotta great rate for a year on the Performance tier. $19.99/mo, can't beat it.

Your probably seeing the same we have here:

Performance 12M w/ powerboost
Performance Plus 16M w/ powerboost

The 12M is actually a 6/1 flat rate tier, but I'm already seeing 15M down w/ the querky UL's prob due to the DOC 3 stuff goin on. This has been steady for the last 2 months. I'm waiting for Ultra 22/5 to show up.

We had an outage in the area all Sun night, but other than that has been working fine, am pleased so far. I bought my own modem, so that's something you'll have to decide when you order.

See this link>> »www.comcast.com/Customer ··· ?Id=4859

Peace!

rhapsody
join:2007-12-25
Knoxville, TN

rhapsody

So if the 12M is actually the 6/1 flat rate tier, what flat rate tier is the Performance Plus 16M w/Powerboost?

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

In many areas the 6/1-8/2 tiers are now 12/2-16/2 PLUS powerboost....
Yes, sometimes it drops below that, but overall that SHOULD be the true speed.
The "bundle" has no effect on speeds, you'll get the same with or without other service, but you will pay more.

rhapsody
join:2007-12-25
Knoxville, TN

rhapsody

Then why doesn't comcast show the upgraded speed as an option?
I am only able to select the "performance" package, unless I opt for the Triple Play plus bundle.

Also, Is it correct that having Comcast Digital Voice on an account in addition to the High Speed Internet service saves money since the HSI price goes down (as opposed to only having it on an account).

Puffnstuff
join:2008-04-12
Jacksonville, FL

Puffnstuff

Well I recently added basic cable which kept the total price the same as the top tier w/o it. Having tv plus high speed for 69.95 or high speed only didn't make sense being the same price.