2701HG-D and 2701HG-B (Are they different?) I was wondering the 2701HG-D (normally shipped out by Qwest) will work on an AT&T dsl line. AT&T normally ship out the 2701HG-B.
Are the two modems different? Does one run on 802.11d and the other 802.11b, and if so can they be interchanged? I really don't know that much about 802.11d and b and what that means. I just have a Qwest modem and I would like to take it with me to Oklahoma where I will be using AT&T for dsl.
said by Huhenyo :Yes the 2701HG-D will work in att land att uses
I was wondering the 2701HG-D (normally shipped out by Qwest) will work on an AT&T dsl line. AT&T normally ship out the 2701HG-B.
Vpi 0 Vci 35
All other things are the same
Thanks. I also found some information on how to go about making it work.
All you have to do is
1. Go to www.2wire.com/keycodes and find the service provider's keycode.
2. Type home/setup in your broser and type in the keycode for your isp
3. Type in the username and password if it asks for it
4. Your modem should work at this point
4a. If not you can type 192.168.0.1 in your broser and then you can go and make sure that the keycode and username and password settings are saved correctly
5. You may have to reset your modem to get it to work
Hope this helps someone.