spc
uniqs

BronsCon
join:2003-10-24
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon to Pacrat

to Pacrat

Re: White Powder in Oven... WTF?

It's an oven that DOES NOT WORK AND DOES NOT GET USED. I've lived here for 2 years, cleaned it (soap and water) when I moved in, and wipe it out (dry cloth) every few months. This residue has been building up since the last time I cleaned it.

Can I ask all of you why you think I would use a self-clean cycle or oven cleaner in a defunct oven?

UglyDork
Premium Member
join:2002-01-09
Buffalo, NY

UglyDork

Premium Member

said by BronsCon:

Can I ask all of you why you think I would use a self-clean cycle or oven cleaner in a defunct oven?
Can I ask why you would use a defective oven to just warm food?

Sounds just as ludicrous to me. These people are just trying to help you. You need to practice some patients my friend.

BronsCon
join:2003-10-24
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon

I use it to keep just-cooked food warm while I finish cooking the rest of my meal, not to warm food.

The top oven is part of a stove, that is in may apartment, that I am stuck with. I have to keep the pilot light lit so gas won't fill the apartment; I'm using the gas, so I may as well make use of the gas.

tim_k's comment was just a comment, with the intent to inform. I appreciate that comment, for sure. Another poster left a humorous comment, to which I replied, both of which posts were removed by a moderator, apparently because there was a drug reference in the humor. I appreciated the joke because it helped me unwind from the scrubbing and scouring I had just been doing.

What I don't appreciate are people telling me to be patient while not being patient themselves and taking the time to read what I have written before chiming in.

Thanks for the help, though.