Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fireflier
Coffee. . .Need Coffee
Premium
join:2001-05-25
Limbo

[DIRECTV] Error 11-726 on two receivers same time.

So last night I was watching television around 9:30, and suddenly the image stops. I change channels, and nothing but black.

I check the signal levels and all transponders on all satellites show 0. Never seen that one before.

Next I run a self-diagnostic and it returns the code 11-726 and tells me to call support. This is on an HR-21. I have a second HR-21 in another room and it did the same thing at the same time.

I call them and they explain that "726" usually indicates wrong card in the receiver and that they were re-setting my cards.

Both receivers started working again.

Anyone know what could have happened. The fact that both receivers were affected at the same time makes me think an accounting/database/authorization glitch at DTV?
--
Tradition: Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid. --despair.com

mitchell

join:2002-06-21
Darlington, SC
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
·Time Warner Cable

ECM electronic counter measure?? they will never tell you that but I remember dave oops Directv testing back in the day.

They would pick random receivers and selectively test if the customer called in they knew it worked dna on which ones....

fireflier
Coffee. . .Need Coffee
Premium
join:2001-05-25
Limbo

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of that though? DTV pretty much has the capability to cut off anyone's receiver at any time they want don't they?

Are you saying that could have been a test to simply make sure that capability was still functioning?

For the most part, I assumed the issue was a fluke. I'm curious to see what kind of fluke and find out if others have had the same thing happen because it might shed some light on a larger problem. I did also wonder if it might have been a "test" they run to determine whether someone's using a hacked receiver and/or card (I know they're supposed to be un-hackable) to access channels they're not paying for. I've read some cable companies have done similar things in the past and wondered whether DTV was doing something similar.

I certainly hope that's not the case. Randomly targeting customers, shutting their receivers off and wasting 10-15 minutes of their time with customer service to get things back to normal is not something I'd be very tolerant of.
--
Tradition: Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid. --despair.com