Big Russ, 1918 to 2008. Rest in Peace
join:2004-08-07
New York, NY

wifi4milez to NetAdmin1

to NetAdmin1

Re: Gov't and clear goals don't belong in the same sentence

said by NetAdmin1:
said by wifi4milez:

Take the DMV for example, those people are total bums and literally dont care about anything other than stamping their time cards.
Strange, I see that in the private sector all over the place too.
Of course, except that firing those people (in the private sector) doesnt require an act of God in most cases. The inherent laziness is what makes all gov run institutions dysfunctional.

NetAdmin1
CCNA
join:2008-05-22

NetAdmin1

said by wifi4milez:

Of course, except that firing those people (in the private sector) doesnt require an act of God in most cases. The inherent laziness is what makes all gov run institutions dysfunctional.
Two words... Union shop.

wifi4milez
Big Russ, 1918 to 2008. Rest in Peace
join:2004-08-07
New York, NY

wifi4milez

said by NetAdmin1:
said by wifi4milez:

Two words... Union shop.
I agree completely, thats why I said "in most cases". In fact, I would say that many union shops are almost as dysfunctional as government run shops, and the laziness is just as prevalent there. The only real difference is that if enough people are lazy in a company (union or not), the company will cease to make money and will go out of business. The same cant be said about a government organization like the DMV; they will just keep dumping our money into it like theres no tomorrow.