SpaethCo
Digital Plumber
MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

SpaethCo to cbrain

MVM

to cbrain

Re: [VoicePulse] Flexrate for Connect discontinued?

said by cbrain:

Any comment from VoicePulse? I can't find any notice.
I couldn't either -- that's why I posted asking. It was actually a friend of mine in NY that pointed it out to me, because he noticed his calls were going to his backup carriers and not VP after the FlexRate query. He predominantly used VoicePulse for local NY exchanges that were $0.005/min.
said by cbrain:

The only way these calls could have used VoicePulse is if their flex rate still showed those calls cost less than $.01/min. Not worth the time to ask for a refund but telling as to how they operate.
Interesting -- my CDR also has a couple calls billed at 1.9c/min from last month. Their billing system has always been a little off; sokhapkin See Profile pointed out here that they round-up settlement costs to the nearest penny per call, so even if the rate was 0.5c/min and you made an accidental 5 second call, you'd still be charged a full 1c for the call. With the call volume I crank out it wasn't a big deal, but I could see where bigger customers would have taken issue with this approach.

I've moved them to the bottom of my dialplan now for outbound calls, and now that balance is most likely stranded forever. Oh well, look on the bright side: call setup is a marginal bit faster now that you don't have to bother with the Flexrate lookup anymore.
ChuckIL9
join:2005-11-07
Peoria, IL

ChuckIL9

said by SpaethCo:

I've moved them to the bottom of my dialplan now for outbound calls, and now that balance is most likely stranded forever.
I've had luck in the past with getting Voicepulse to refund the balance to my credit card when I cancelled a Voicepulse Connect account. If you plan on not using them for termination anymore, send a support ticket and they will likely refund your balance.

SpaethCo
Digital Plumber
MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

SpaethCo

MVM

said by ChuckIL9:

I've had luck in the past with getting Voicepulse to refund the balance to my credit card when I cancelled a Voicepulse Connect account.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot this week.

This pricing move really removes VoicePulse from having any kind of reasonable play in my dial strategy for US48 term. Right now I'm using:

grnVoIP - $0.0100/min flat rate, 6 sec billing
FlowRoute - $0.0107 (after USF) flat rate, 6 sec billing
Voip.ms - $0.0125 flat rate premium route, 6 sec billing
Vitelity - $0.0144 flat rate, 30 second billing

grnVoIP gets 99.999% of my US48 termination
FlowRoute is my primary International provider, secondary for US48
Voip.ms and Vitelity are mainly DID providers for me, but they are my 3rd and 4th backup US48 termination providers.

The only play I had for VoicePulse was using them for their 0.5c/min - 0.9c/min rates, if those are gone then I doubt I'd ever send another call their way. The quality of calls were great, but the reality is I can talk over twice as long (factoring in VP's 30 sec increments and per-call settlement rounding) for the same price with my other providers and the call quality is equally as good.