This is a sub-selection from North State Plex IPTV

Daniel in HP
@bellsouth.net

1 recommendation

Daniel in HP to Matt3

Anon

to Matt3

Re: North State Plex IPTV

Well I had 20mb Plex installed at the house this afternoon. If the speeds hold true, I will be very pleased.

Here was a speed test taken after installation.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 0003.png

Roy in HP
@wfu.edu

Roy in HP

Anon

I had 20MB Plex installed on Thursday, and it has only been a pain in the ass. I'm averaging about 1.5 MB with the highest being 6MB. I have talked with about 10 people at northstate and get conflicting answers every time. They said that the line card is at 20MB, but no dice. so they are coming out Friday for the 4th time in a week. Hopefully they will get this fixed or its back to Time Warner.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3 to Daniel in HP

Premium Member

to Daniel in HP
said by Daniel in HP :

Well I had 20mb Plex installed at the house this afternoon. If the speeds hold true, I will be very pleased.

Here was a speed test taken after installation.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 0003.png
That is great speed. I'd LOVE to have the 20Mbps down, but don't want to lose my upstream yet.
Matt3

Matt3 to Roy in HP

Premium Member

to Roy in HP
said by Roy in HP :

I had 20MB Plex installed on Thursday, and it has only been a pain in the ass. I'm averaging about 1.5 MB with the highest being 6MB. I have talked with about 10 people at northstate and get conflicting answers every time. They said that the line card is at 20MB, but no dice. so they are coming out Friday for the 4th time in a week. Hopefully they will get this fixed or its back to Time Warner.
Hello Roy,

That sounds a awful lot like you're on an 802.11b wireless network. Can you describe your setup?

Roy in HP
@wfu.edu

Roy in HP

Anon

I'm acutally on a wired connection. My machine is AMD 6000 (3Gz Dual Core) 2 GB RAM, 2TB Harddrive space running Vista and Ubuntu. The told me tonight that my neighbourhood doesn't support 20MB, but they told me twice earlier that it did.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
Jamestown, NC

Matt3

Premium Member

said by Roy in HP :

I'm acutally on a wired connection. My machine is AMD 6000 (3Gz Dual Core) 2 GB RAM, 2TB Harddrive space running Vista and Ubuntu. The told me tonight that my neighbourhood doesn't support 20MB, but they told me twice earlier that it did.
Yikes. I hope they are planning on refunding any monthly fees and installation charges?

Majors
@uncsa.edu

Majors to Roy in HP

Anon

to Roy in HP
said by Roy in HP :

The told me tonight that my neighbourhood doesn't support 20MB, but they told me twice earlier that it did.
I got that from Bellsouth a while ago. The sales ppl just want the sale and the installers see the reality.

SPT
@bellsouth.net

SPT

Anon

I live in Laurel Oak Ranch and I just ordered Plex 20 meg from Northstate. Now I am getting a bit worried after reading a few of these posts. Has anyone from my neighborhood had any experience with Plex?

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
Jamestown, NC

Matt3

Premium Member

said by SPT :

I live in Laurel Oak Ranch and I just ordered Plex 20 meg from Northstate. Now I am getting a bit worried after reading a few of these posts. Has anyone from my neighborhood had any experience with Plex?
My experience has been that although the front-line folks need to be trained, the actual product delivered is excellent. I've had Lightstar 15Mbps/2Mbps (delivered over Fiber) for 3 years (Installation Pictures Here: »[Fiber Pics] North State Communications Lightstar Pics) and aside from a bit of recent downtime and trouble due to a wire a contractor left bare that kept shorting my ONT, the speeds have been rock solid. Never any fluctuations whatsoever. North State has a very solid network that I think you'll be very pleased with.
New Plex Speeds »
This is a sub-selection from North State Plex IPTV