mark_e
join:2009-03-09
Columbia, MD

mark_e

Next VZ Offer

Click for full size
bill insert
There was an insert in the bill I got today that describes the next offer:

Internet. TV. phone - $119.99 (no mention of speed, but over 100 HD channels)

Free Compaq Mini Netbook (customer responsible for taxes, shipping and handling)

Fine print - Compaq Mini netbook (or product of comparable value) available with $299.99 coupon redeemable online at HP Home & Home Office while supplies last....

For residential customers new to FIOS TV & Internet. $179 early termination fee, $49.99 activation fee, & other fees, taxes, charges & terms apply...

It gives a link of verizon.com/triple175 which shows the current offers.

Bottom line, it seems to be $10 more a month, a new $50 activation fee (which might be waived like the $35 one), and no mention of a two year price guarantee. So my math tells me that that the $150 cash back + $120 over the 12 months + the $50 activation fee comes to $320 (or $20 more than the $300 netbook). Plus no two year guarantee.

Hope this helps those on the fence trying to decide when to sign up.

mystryfiostk
join:2008-07-17

mystryfiostk

from here it looks like a wash compared to the last couple offers.

the last offer was $150 cash back for the triple play and $109/month.

this deal is $10 more, so about makes up for the difference in the $300 netbook.

and the last offer included a price guarantee for two years. these customers will likely have their rates raised after 12 mos.

and don't be fooled. everyone has access to over 100 hd channes - but not without the $30 hbo/max/sho/starz package.

yesimanonymous to mark_e

Anon

to mark_e
That offer looks lame. The triple play over in socal is $99 with $150 cash back. It's a few bucks more to upgrade the internet to 20/5.

mystryfiostk
join:2008-07-17

mystryfiostk

said by yesimanonymous :

That offer looks lame. The triple play over in socal is $99 with $150 cash back. It's a few bucks more to upgrade the internet to 20/5.
The $99 deal is for essentials TV and 10/2 data. It ends in a few days.

It's $109 for the hd extreme w/ 20/5 data - in socal and most everywhere else.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

said by mystryfiostk:

said by yesimanonymous :

The $99 deal is for essentials TV and 10/2 data. It ends in a few days.

It's $109 for the hd extreme w/ 20/5 data - in socal and most everywhere else.
109.99 here in Florida for extreme HD + 20/5 + unlimited POTS, but also snagged the 150 GC and Free DVR for a year
brutus
join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL

brutus

How did you get the DVR for free or is that an older promotion?

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to mark_e

Premium Member

to mark_e
said by mark_e:

There was an insert in the bill I got today that describes the next offer...
If you're in Columbia, MD and you got that insert today, why does it list the New York City local HD channels in your Broadcast lineup?
mark_e
Columbia, MD

1 edit

mark_e

I got it the day of the original posting.

Many VZ materials, including newspaper inserts have listed the NY channels with some fine print about local channels may vary. This one says "Broadcast HD channel availability varies by market".

As to why, you'd have to ask VZ.

Kingscup
join:2006-03-01

Kingscup to mark_e

to mark_e
On Verizon's main page, it shows TV, internet and phone "starting at $79.99." Can I assume that is not Fios related but DSL and Directv?
mark_e
Columbia, MD

mark_e

That may be a current offer that provides a $30/month discount for 6 months in lieu of the $150 rebate on FIOS.

They have many offers going at once and you have to do the math and consider things like the length of discount/contract and/or a price protection period of one or two years.

As other threads show everything changes on Sunday. It appears that the regional offers will also vary.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to brutus

MVM

to brutus
said by brutus:

How did you get the DVR for free or is that an older promotion?
Usually just ask. When I renewed a while back I just asked them to give me their best deal. He acted as if he just went down his list of promos adding what he could. If necessary, just fib a little and say your considering going to the local cable franchise...

Gary A
join:2008-03-02
Odessa, FL

Gary A

Interesting, I went to the VZ website shown in the flyer verizon.com/triple175 and it brought up the old bundle that expires 6/20.

Guess the paper flyer got ahead of the website offer. It probably won't show up online until Sunday, 6/21.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to mark_e

Premium Member

to mark_e
What a joke! Another "free" gimmick that Verizon will no doubt fail to deliver on. Just ask all those who never got their LCD Televisions, Cameras, Rebates...hmmm did I forget anything...oh yea....CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Hey Verizon!! What's next? Free gas cards?

GMKNOWELS
@sprintlink.net

GMKNOWELS to mark_e

Anon

to mark_e
THE VERIZON FIOS OFFER INCLUDES INCREASED INTERNET SPEEDS - BUNDLED SPEEDS UP TO 25/15. THAT'S HUGE