join:2009-06-17
Littleton, CO
ARRIS TG3482
Asus RT-AC68

1 edit

Eth_Rem to TechMike

Premium Member

to TechMike

Re: Massive price drop on Extreme 50/10 tier!

said by TechMike:

I'm in Lakewood, CO. Roommate texted me the Internet went out. I wonder if they're doing the upgrade in Lakewood now?
Dunno. Internet is still up for me... but I'm in south Lakewood. Kipling and Morrison area.

Englewood is scheduled for today, Littleton for tomorrow, and Denver for Friday.

FrostyMelon
join:2006-02-06
Colorado Springs, CO

FrostyMelon

WOW! Keep me posted guys!

n0xlf
join:2001-03-28
Castle Rock, CO

2 edits

n0xlf

It appears that Parker (or at least me) got cut over to the new CMTS last night around 1AM. They didn't force a release of the old IP, so that caused some problems for me, but I'm back up with a new IP on a new subnet that doesn't even have the RDNS/PTR records yet (which is causing problems for sending mail on their mail server - gets rejected). My first hop IP also changed and has no RDNS as well...

My signal strength and frequencies also changed. I don't have a D3 modem yet though...

On the (very) positive side, my speeds went from my usual 1-3Mbps to insanely fast. I was getting 2200-3500KB/sec today during prime time, and I'm on 16/2 business on an SB5101...Hopefully the speed increase isn't just because other people haven't rebooted their equipment yet to grab a new IP...We shall see!

Cjaiceman
MVM
join:2004-10-12
Castle Rock, WA
(Software) pfSense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Cjaiceman

MVM

Thats good to hear. I also hope that you don't loose your speeds, but I would give it 24hrs at least before getting to happy (crosses fingers). I can't wait for my cutover, I hope they have more than 2 downstream channels (thats what they currently have in my area).

n0xlf
Castle Rock, CO

n0xlf

This is very promising that it is now 5PM, and I couldn't even get it to hiccup off of this speed:

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by n0xlf:

This is very promising that it is now 5PM, and I couldn't even get it to hiccup off of this speed:

What speed tier are you supposed to have. On the calculator that speed translates to 23.92Mbits. The cap for the 22/5 package is: Downstream: 24200 kbps
Upstream: 5500 kbps

I'd say you're damn close to it. Seeing as some have said CO is getting upgraded to D3, you might be seeing testing going on. Regardless, enjoy the speed while you got it.
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

1 recommendation

lilstone87

said by Chris 313:

said by n0xlf:

What speed tier are you supposed to have. On the calculator that speed translates to 23.92Mbits. The cap for the 22/5 package is: Downstream: 24200 kbps
Upstream: 5500 kbps

I'd say you're damn close to it. Seeing as some have said CO is getting upgraded to D3, you might be seeing testing going on. Regardless, enjoy the speed while you got it.
No it really equals to 15.92mb down because you go 1.99x8=15.92

But still dling at them speeds are nice.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

1 edit

Chris 313

Premium Member

Think your math is a lil off. I go here: »www.easycalculation.com/ ··· ator.php

But whatever the case, anything faster then what you got, even for a lil while is great. Sit back and enjoy, eh?

Edit: OOPS, I was off, pardon me! It is right when you put it that way! ^_^

C_Chipperson
Monster Rain
Premium Member
join:2009-01-17

C_Chipperson

Premium Member

I just changed my IP and still stuck at 8/2 here in S/E Aurora, is that the tier you're subscribed to?
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87 to Chris 313

to Chris 313
said by Chris 313:

But whatever the case, anything faster then what you got, even for a lil while is great. Sit back and enjoy, eh?

Foreal my math is correct, and im not here to argue, even putting 1.99mb on that calculator it came out to be 15.92megabits.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins

MVM

said by lilstone87:
said by Chris 313:

Foreal my math is correct, and im not here to argue, even putting 1.99mb on that calculator it came out to be 15.92megabits.
Hmmm... Read it again maybe?
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

Didn't see him edit his post.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins

MVM

You quoted it...
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by dadkins:

You quoted it...
Well it must of just been editted right before i posted, and i hit the auto-quote button, and i never read it.. because i read it before hand, but in this case he added to it and i didn't see it.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins

MVM

LOL! Ok

n0xlf
Castle Rock, CO

1 recommendation

n0xlf

I'm on 16/2 business for those that are calculating my speeds...PB seems to last for about 50 megs and is in the 2200-3500KB/sec range...

netcool
Premium Member
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO

netcool to Cjaiceman

Premium Member

to Cjaiceman
said by Cjaiceman:

I hope they have more than 2 downstream channels (thats what they currently have in my area).
Three is the minimum that markets will launch with. Most should have four though.
bsoft
join:2004-03-28
Boulder, CO

bsoft to Eth_Rem

to Eth_Rem
My downstream power level (here in Boulder) jumped from -3.5dB to +3.5dB, and it's unclear exactly why. I noticed a bunch of T3 timeouts in the logs, too, this afternoon.

The Comcast tech that came out last Friday indicated that D3 was coming 'soon' and that the upgrades were 'underway'.

You would think that we would get D3 earlier here, what with being 10 minutes away from CableLabs.

Cjaiceman
MVM
Castle Rock, WA

Cjaiceman to netcool

MVM

to netcool
Sweet, only one way to find out how many channels I will get, wait.

FrostyMelon
join:2006-02-06
Colorado Springs, CO

FrostyMelon

Tons of trucks around the area, and once again a bunch of guys doing work at both boxes up the street from me. I went through my logs and noticed over the past two nights the internet has been going offline, noticed it this morning since I left work VPN on before bed, came down this morning and everthing was off...checked logs...bunch of T3 stuff/Init RANGING/etc. No speed differences. I was thinking about going ahead doing a D3 modem upgrade, may look around to see if I can find one local.

Guess we'll see what happens.
Eth_Rem
Premium Member
Littleton, CO
ARRIS TG3482
Asus RT-AC68

Eth_Rem to bsoft

Premium Member

to bsoft
said by bsoft:

My downstream power level (here in Boulder) jumped from -3.5dB to +3.5dB, and it's unclear exactly why. I noticed a bunch of T3 timeouts in the logs, too, this afternoon.

The Comcast tech that came out last Friday indicated that D3 was coming 'soon' and that the upgrades were 'underway'.

You would think that we would get D3 earlier here, what with being 10 minutes away from CableLabs.
I've got one T3 timeout recorded in my 6120 today.

My signal level is still garbage though. -13 down, 47 up. It works though so I won't complain.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to netcool

to netcool
said by netcool:

said by Cjaiceman:

I hope they have more than 2 downstream channels (thats what they currently have in my area).
Three is the minimum that markets will launch with. Most should have four though.
Yeah, I got three here.

NathanO
join:2008-08-21
Seattle, WA

1 edit

NathanO to Eth_Rem

to Eth_Rem
I have gotten 9 T3 timeouts on my 6120 since March.

My SB6120 also doesn't show the config file it downloads any more.

Cjaiceman
MVM
Castle Rock, WA
(Software) pfSense

Cjaiceman to Eth_Rem

MVM

to Eth_Rem
Click for full size
4 downstream! SWEET!
Click for full size
So, I just got my SB6120 back up from having the switch over done and HOLY (delete expletive! Don't want to curse on this forum)

I had to test to Salt Lake City because the speed test server in Denver was not fast enough... It topped out at 94mbps with a ping of 90ms.

LarryE
join:2000-07-29
Chicago, IL

LarryE

Click for full size
Was just wondering about the Channel ID's on modems. On Cjaiceman's modem, the Channel ID's are listed in numeric order from left to right, yet on my Cisco DPC3000, they are listed differently. Is there any significance to the sequence?
Eth_Rem
Premium Member
Littleton, CO
ARRIS TG3482
Asus RT-AC68

Eth_Rem to Cjaiceman

Premium Member

to Cjaiceman
said by Cjaiceman:

So, I just got my SB6120 back up from having the switch over done and HOLY (delete expletive! Don't want to curse on this forum)

I had to test to Salt Lake City because the speed test server in Denver was not fast enough... It topped out at 94mbps with a ping of 90ms.
Wow I hate you right now... lol. Still no love for south Lakewood... No blue light yet. Hopefully by the end of the week.

So you are on the Extreme tier now I take it?

Cjaiceman
MVM
Castle Rock, WA
(Software) pfSense

1 edit

Cjaiceman

MVM

Nope, I still am getting the 22/5 w/ powerboost config. I wonder how I could get the new config... Anyone?

Edit - I want my 50/10...
Eth_Rem
Premium Member
Littleton, CO

1 edit

Eth_Rem

Premium Member

How did you get the 22/5 config file? I didn't realize BSG had the 22/5 tier.

BTW - have you always had a perfect downstream level like that? I miss my -1...

Cjaiceman
MVM
Castle Rock, WA
(Software) pfSense

2 edits

Cjaiceman

MVM

I signed up for the 22/5 business class back in march when I called about seeing when I could get faster speeds. I've had the 22/5 BCI for some time. They originally wanted to give me a SMC 8014, but it wouldn't do anything over 18mbps, so I went back to my SB5100 (which I had on the 16/2 BCI) and stayed with that till I got my SB6120 last month. I was told that when I got my CMTS changed out with the D3 one I would be automatically upgraded to the 50/10 (which is what I want), but that obviously hasn't happened.

Edit: I've always had a great signal, I'm less than 1000 feet from the node, and I only have about 30-40 feet of RG6 from the tap to my modem with only one connector and no spliters. I have DirecTV for my TV services as Comcast wanted to charge more me more since I wasn't bundling, and I get 50% more HD channels on DirecTV.
Eth_Rem
Premium Member
Littleton, CO
ARRIS TG3482
Asus RT-AC68

Eth_Rem

Premium Member

You're lucky that you've got such a great signal. My downstream fluctuates between -12 and -14 which I think will cause me issues when I get the Extreme tier (provided they let employees even get it).

As for 50/10 - I wouldn't expect to see that until at least another month down the road. But who knows, things change all the time. I'd be happy to get upgraded to 22/5 though for sure.