MVM
join:2004-10-12
Castle Rock, WA
(Software) pfSense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Cjaiceman to n0xlf

MVM

to n0xlf

Re: Massive price drop on Extreme 50/10 tier!

Thats good to hear. I also hope that you don't loose your speeds, but I would give it 24hrs at least before getting to happy (crosses fingers). I can't wait for my cutover, I hope they have more than 2 downstream channels (thats what they currently have in my area).

n0xlf
join:2001-03-28
Castle Rock, CO

n0xlf

This is very promising that it is now 5PM, and I couldn't even get it to hiccup off of this speed:

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by n0xlf:

This is very promising that it is now 5PM, and I couldn't even get it to hiccup off of this speed:

What speed tier are you supposed to have. On the calculator that speed translates to 23.92Mbits. The cap for the 22/5 package is: Downstream: 24200 kbps
Upstream: 5500 kbps

I'd say you're damn close to it. Seeing as some have said CO is getting upgraded to D3, you might be seeing testing going on. Regardless, enjoy the speed while you got it.
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

1 recommendation

lilstone87

said by Chris 313:

said by n0xlf:

What speed tier are you supposed to have. On the calculator that speed translates to 23.92Mbits. The cap for the 22/5 package is: Downstream: 24200 kbps
Upstream: 5500 kbps

I'd say you're damn close to it. Seeing as some have said CO is getting upgraded to D3, you might be seeing testing going on. Regardless, enjoy the speed while you got it.
No it really equals to 15.92mb down because you go 1.99x8=15.92

But still dling at them speeds are nice.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

1 edit

Chris 313

Premium Member

Think your math is a lil off. I go here: »www.easycalculation.com/ ··· ator.php

But whatever the case, anything faster then what you got, even for a lil while is great. Sit back and enjoy, eh?

Edit: OOPS, I was off, pardon me! It is right when you put it that way! ^_^

C_Chipperson
Monster Rain
Premium Member
join:2009-01-17

C_Chipperson

Premium Member

I just changed my IP and still stuck at 8/2 here in S/E Aurora, is that the tier you're subscribed to?
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87 to Chris 313

to Chris 313
said by Chris 313:

But whatever the case, anything faster then what you got, even for a lil while is great. Sit back and enjoy, eh?

Foreal my math is correct, and im not here to argue, even putting 1.99mb on that calculator it came out to be 15.92megabits.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins

MVM

said by lilstone87:
said by Chris 313:

Foreal my math is correct, and im not here to argue, even putting 1.99mb on that calculator it came out to be 15.92megabits.
Hmmm... Read it again maybe?
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

Didn't see him edit his post.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins

MVM

You quoted it...
lilstone87
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by dadkins:

You quoted it...
Well it must of just been editted right before i posted, and i hit the auto-quote button, and i never read it.. because i read it before hand, but in this case he added to it and i didn't see it.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins

MVM

LOL! Ok

n0xlf
join:2001-03-28
Castle Rock, CO

1 recommendation

n0xlf

I'm on 16/2 business for those that are calculating my speeds...PB seems to last for about 50 megs and is in the 2200-3500KB/sec range...

netcool
Premium Member
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO

netcool to Cjaiceman

Premium Member

to Cjaiceman
said by Cjaiceman:

I hope they have more than 2 downstream channels (thats what they currently have in my area).
Three is the minimum that markets will launch with. Most should have four though.

Cjaiceman
MVM
join:2004-10-12
Castle Rock, WA

Cjaiceman

MVM

Sweet, only one way to find out how many channels I will get, wait.

FrostyMelon
join:2006-02-06
Colorado Springs, CO

FrostyMelon

Tons of trucks around the area, and once again a bunch of guys doing work at both boxes up the street from me. I went through my logs and noticed over the past two nights the internet has been going offline, noticed it this morning since I left work VPN on before bed, came down this morning and everthing was off...checked logs...bunch of T3 stuff/Init RANGING/etc. No speed differences. I was thinking about going ahead doing a D3 modem upgrade, may look around to see if I can find one local.

Guess we'll see what happens.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to netcool

to netcool
said by netcool:

said by Cjaiceman:

I hope they have more than 2 downstream channels (thats what they currently have in my area).
Three is the minimum that markets will launch with. Most should have four though.
Yeah, I got three here.