Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28

1 recommendation

reply to Karl Bode

Re: More skewed stats....

To the average Joe Blow it sounds like some small company with only 480 customers is getting ready to jump to almost 500,000 customers. There is no doubt that they suck, but the story is misleading to the uneducated cowsumer.

I made my statement to point out how the numbers were skewed not to point out their ability or inability to take over the customers.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:42

1 edit

1 recommendation

There is no doubt that they suck, but the story is misleading to the uneducated cowsumer.
If the "uneducated cowsumer" can't read the headline highlighting the story's from Ohio, the repeated references within the story to the fact this is just concerning "Verizon's operations in Ohio," then I don't know what we can do for them. The article should have probably stated Fairpoint's total numbers, but I think you confuse omission with intentional maliciousness. I've added the transfer totals (including employees) to the first paragraph of our breakdown in order to protect readers from the supposed viciousness of the Columbus Dispatch.

battleop

I am not referring to anything you wrote, as most people here would understand that they are a multi-state company. I would consider the over whelming majority of BBR to be above average and would understand that they have more than 480 customers.

To the Average Joe Shmuck it sounds like some tiny company is going to take over their phone service and it that their phone service will probably get cut off.

battleop

reply to Karl Bode
"I think you confuse omission with intentional maliciousnes"

I don't think there is anything intentional, it's a case of another reporter who does not understand anything about what they are reporting on. Similar to a sports reporter trying to report on a medical story.