Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

4 edits

Karl Bode to FFH5

News Guy

to FFH5

Re: More skewed stats....

Frontier would go from 2.3 million lines to 4.8 million phone lines and 1 million broadband connections.
Actually, it's taking 2.3 million lines and adding 4.8 million more lines and 1 million broadband connections, not totaling 4.8 million phone lines.

Huge, huge growth for a fairly small operator.

"With more than 7 million access lines in 27 states, we will be the largest provider of voice, broadband and video services focused on rural to smaller city markets in the United States," the CEO announced back when the deal dropped.

S_engineer
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Chicago, IL

S_engineer

Premium Member

hey karl, hit the link I posted on top, and see If I'm right about Frontier taking over regardless of this suspension.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

1 edit

Karl Bode

News Guy

I think you're right. I'll add that to the writeup...thank you....

Going to fling the wording at a municipal attorney I know to confirm.....

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 edit

FFH5 to S_engineer

Premium Member

to S_engineer
said by S_engineer:

hey karl, hit the link I posted on top, and see If I'm right about Frontier taking over regardless of this suspension.
That isn't the way I read that info. The suspension stops the automatic 30 day clock. And the 30 day clock won't resume UNTIL the suspension is lifted. The suspension WAS an order issued before the 30 day clock expired.

If the commission had not issued the suspension(or a denial), then the merger would have been approved automatically on June 29.

S_engineer
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Chicago, IL

S_engineer

Premium Member

upon rereading...you may be right tk