uniqs

pugetsounder
@myvzw.com

pugetsounder to StevenB

Anon

to StevenB

Re: More skewed stats....

imho it is a distortion.

i work in washington state, where frontier has ZERO subscribers.

i don't know how many lines we have (between copper, fios, and fios tv), but i do know washington has 6.5 million people and we carry a SIGNIFICANT percentage of the state.

prior to verizon, GTE Northwest headquartered in Everett, WA was a nearly autonomous operation that ran all of WA, Oregon, Idaho, and northern California.

Since verizon, alot of operations have been gutted/phased out to groups in southern california, but we still have a big arsed building with an FSC, sales groups and still a whole of administration.

i don't know the extent of the verizon operations in ohio, but the article and the DISTORTION of the jump from 480 to 1/2 million subs makes it sound like all the current vz operations will pack up and leave.

even in oregon frontier only has one CO to my knowledge in Myrtle Creek (try and find it on a map).

i've heard verizon is replicating all of the vz systems from billing(don't laugh) to provisioning and all of the divested areas will run of the systems while they are cut away become independent. then frontier will merge them into their systems over time.

i'm not an apologist for frontier or verizon. but i'm cautiously optimistic that this will work out alot better than fairpoint or hawaiian telecom.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Ohio HAD GTE's offices here. They had a HUGE office with all the Excs and such and then a call center down the road a ways. VZ took over, the HQ was phased out, and what was left of the employees were moved to the call center in the basement, sales was pretty much in another state, Tech support in the Ohio office was next to nothing, Repair field tech's were worthless.

Ohio was all system run and only needed human input for orders, after VZ that went away and everything now takes a human that is lucky if they know what they're doing.