spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Grind My Gears
@pwgsc.gc.ca

Grind My Gears

Anon

Question About SoH Shoulder Enchant

Let's pretend you wanted to purchase relics of ulduar to power level to exalted with Sons of Hodir for the shoulder enchant. approximately how many relics would you need to buy?

danielk1
join:2009-02-01
Lees Summit, MO

danielk1

On my human the 10 token turnins net me 275 rep each. That would be ALOT of tokens. Just do the dailies, they're silly easy, the wyrm daily is alot of fun, and you'll also make some decent money in the process.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Grind My Gears

Premium Member

to Grind My Gears
You get 250 (275 as human) per turn in of 10 relics, so do some maths (yes, maths ) based off of where you're at currently with them.

3,000 - Neutral to Friendly
6,000? - Friendly to Honored
12,000? - Honored to Revered
21,000 - Revered to Exalted

pwrtoppl
C-C-C-Combo Breaker
join:2008-11-21
Broomfield, CO

pwrtoppl

goggalor beat me...yeah about right, its stupid, doing dailys and farming the relics is the cheapest way to go about it, buy em if you got 10k gold and are bored with dailies

xcal784
join:2009-02-27
Coolville, OH

xcal784 to Grind My Gears

to Grind My Gears
I bought them all it ran me about 1,500g as they are about 1g each on my server so 1,500 = 1,500g. 10 times faster to buy them and make 1.5kg for me then farm them.

Grind My Gears
@pwgsc.gc.ca

Grind My Gears to Grind My Gears

Anon

to Grind My Gears
Ya I'm definately not questing / farming these. I got the $$ so I'd prefer to just buy the relics. Ty for your help all

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

1 edit

JB9 to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

You get 250 (275 as human) per turn in of 10 relics, so do some maths (yes, maths ) based off of where you're at currently with them.

3,000 - Neutral to Friendly
6,000? - Friendly to Honored
12,000? - Honored to Revered
21,000 - Revered to Exalted
You have to be friendly (do the pre-req chain) before any of the dailies even open up. I think -_- (Sorry if I'm wrong)

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Long Island

DownLow

Premium Member

Yes, you need to do the quest chain that opens up the dailies first otherwise you can't turn in the relics (although I thought you can do that at neutral - sorry, its been a year or 2 since I did those quests).

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

A year or two? WotLK hasn't been out but 9 months now... :-\
uvray
join:2008-08-15
Fredericton, NB

uvray to DownLow

to DownLow
said by DownLow:

Yes, you need to do the quest chain that opens up the dailies first otherwise you can't turn in the relics (although I thought you can do that at neutral - sorry, its been a year or 2 since I did those quests).
FYI "a year or two" = 7 months tops
lolcatzar
join:2009-06-19
Henderson, NV

lolcatzar to Grind My Gears

to Grind My Gears
Takes about 2 hours to get to the point you can start handing them in. You have to do the quest chain or it's impossible to get rep with them.

After that a non-human would need to buy the following.

120 to reach Friendly.

240 more to reach Honored.

480 more to reach Revered.

840 more to reach Exalted.

That's a total of 1680 to reach Exalted if you didn't do a single quest.

You could save a fair amount of gold by doing the 3 or 4 quests that take under 5 minutes to complete, and often end up with 10 or 20 relics without trying as a bonus.

For me spending 1500-2000 gold on a shoulder enchant is a bit much when you could get a 10 man BOE Ulduar drop with better stat increases for the same amount. But if you're in a hurry that's what it usually costs.

xcal784
Coolville, OH

1 edit

xcal784

said by lolcatzar:

For me spending 1500-2000 gold on a shoulder enchant is a bit much when you could get a 10 man BOE Ulduar drop with better stat increases for the same amount. But if you're in a hurry that's what it usually costs.
Nice info and post overall. I will add that your BoE drop item is worth 0g once you upgrade where the rep will work for all upgrades. The other road you can take is inscriptions. If you get that to 400 you can skip SoH rep completely and you still have a nice trade to make gold with. That road costs about the same as buying the relics but you get a 400 skill trade too.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9 to Grind My Gears

Premium Member

to Grind My Gears
Don't forget you can get shoulder enchants for shards as well. I know they're not the greatest but at least it's something.

xcal784
Coolville, OH

xcal784

said by JB9:

Don't forget you can get shoulder enchants for shards as well. I know they're not the greatest but at least it's something.
Ooo yea Scyer/Aldor shoulder chants are still out there.

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Long Island

DownLow to uvray

Premium Member

to uvray
said by uvray:

said by DownLow:

FYI "a year or two" = 7 months tops
Sorry..it feels that way!

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

1 edit

JB9 to xcal784

Premium Member

to xcal784
said by xcal784:

said by JB9:

Ooo yea Scyer/Aldor shoulder chants are still out there.
Actually I compared exalted Aldor/Scryers is the equivilent to honored SoH. (Or I think so) -_-
LockInABox
join:2009-04-06

LockInABox to Grind My Gears

to Grind My Gears
I'm working on SoH rep as we speak but i'm not sweating it. I just get the Wintergrasp shoulder enchants for 30 or 40 stonekeeper shards. Its easy to attain and the spellpower stat is not much less than SoH ones really (can't remember exactly). I want the SoH enchant for the crit as secondary stat once im able tho.

Ryokincaid
Dread Pirate Roberts

join:2000-08-28
Bellflower, CA

Ryokincaid to Grind My Gears

to Grind My Gears
Also, don't forget at Friendly you can buy the SoH tabard, which converts all level 80 instance rep to SoH rep. Do some instances runs each day, and it won't take long at all

xcal784
Coolville, OH

xcal784

said by Ryokincaid:

Also, don't forget at Friendly you can buy the SoH tabard, which converts all level 80 instance rep to SoH rep. Do some instances runs each day, and it won't take long at all
When did they add a SoH tabard?
dynodb
Premium Member
join:2004-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

dynodb

Premium Member

said by xcal784:

said by Ryokincaid:

When did they add a SoH tabard?
They didn't.

Having ignored SoH previously, now I'm working on rep with them. It's not that bad- buy relics from the AH when you can find them reasonably cheap, and run dailies which offer some extra gold anyways.

Keep in mind that once you hit honored and revered, a new daily quest opens up. Between the relics you might buy from the AH, the relics that drop while doing the dailies, and the rep from the dailies themselves, it's not that bad a grind.

longstreet
join:2004-11-14
Plano, TX

longstreet to Grind My Gears

to Grind My Gears
Hodir rep isn't hard and it's worth it for the shoulder enchant.

Do the dailies and buy relics off the AH whenever the price is good.

300 or so took me from 11000 to 21000 IIRC.

maybe no more than two weeks effort, no more than 20 minutes each day.

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to Ryokincaid

Premium Member

to Ryokincaid
said by Ryokincaid:

False information.
Pariah666
join:2009-04-27
Lewistown, PA

Pariah666

said by Omega:

said by Ryokincaid:

False information.
I have not begun the rep grind for SoH yet however I imagine that their tabard is the same as all the others. If you wear it in LVL 80 HEROIC instances it will convert the rep...has to be heroic though.

PallyTank
@asab.centaf.af.mil

PallyTank to Grind My Gears

Anon

to Grind My Gears
said by Pariah666:

I have not begun the rep grind for SoH yet however I imagine that their tabard is the same as all the others. If you wear it in LVL 80 HEROIC instances it will convert the rep...has to be heroic though.
There is no tabard for SoH. Not at friendly, not at honored, never.

I just completed the rep grind to exalted on my druid and there is a not-so-well-known secret to get a bunch of rep really quickly at no cost: gather everfrost chips. They are small and not very easy to see and won't be picked up by find treasure or similar abilities, but they give 350 rep each as well as 6.5g when turned in. They spawn around the Valley of Ancient Winters, Dun Niffelem, Frostfield Lake, and Thunderfall. Some spawn in the open, but many spawn right next to groups of trees on the edges of the zones. With the everfrost chips and the dailies I got from about 2k into revered up to exalted in about 3 days of casual farming (no more than 6 hours total spent farming, much of it was while I did my circuit for dailies).

If you need to see where they spawn or what they look like the major database sites will have info on them. I just found the first one by accident and then looked it up. No gathering skills are required to farm these.
Pariah666
Lewistown, PA

Pariah666

Great, I am glad you said that before I bagan the grind which I may start tonight. Anything to make a grind easier is great...unless you don't mind the countless, repetitve tasks you must do in most grinds.

longstreet
join:2004-11-14
Plano, TX

3 edits

longstreet to Grind My Gears

to Grind My Gears
Doesn't really take that long.

Once you are revered you'll be pulling 3000 rep a day if you do the daily quests.

40 badges = 1000 rep, so check out the AH after

120 badges is probably somewhere in 100-200 gold . . so with daily quests, it's not hard to farm rep, get a bit of gold and make the grind alot quicker.
Pariah666
Lewistown, PA

Pariah666 to Grind My Gears

to Grind My Gears
I am now sitting at revered with SoH and just want to say how easy this grind is. If you are low on gold it will take you longer but the dailies are freaking simple. Right now on my server the relics are going for about 150g/100. Every few days I will but a few hundred and it helps greatly. I have yet to run across any of the everfrost chips though.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki to Grind My Gears

to Grind My Gears
I like how all the people say "SoH" isn't hard, it's not hard now. It was such a pita back when people could steal your corpses, and the only way to get rep was through dailies.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Yep. It took me 2 months because I took breaks from the dailies because they were so mind-numbing. Polish the damn helm, kill the damn drake, discover the three infiltrators, and feed that starving giant on the frost throne who's too lazy to go catch worms himself.

It was not fun, and on my next 80 I plan to do minimal dailies and just turn in the damn relics.
Pariah666
Lewistown, PA

Pariah666 to Grind My Gears

to Grind My Gears
Lol...yeah those dailies are pretty...bleh. I'm glad I was able to just buy the relics...expensive but worth it. I was unaware that people were not able to steal your corpses. I always had that in the back of my mind when I killed one then two more came along that I had to fight before I could blow the horn. But it is all done now and I can get to farming to earn my gold back:P