uniqs
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to techyguy09

to techyguy09

Re: Whats the deal with Charter and the Big Ten Network

said by techyguy09:

Theres alot of crappy channels on cable, satelite, and off air providers, so lets stop that right there. NFL sucks the big one, excpet for the one game, of my local team, of which I get anyway because of right to carry agreements, the NFL network can take a long walk off a short pier, and along with the big ten network, dont be sad that Charter wont carry it, be happy. As companys like Comcast, and DirecTv, just add to the taking of games that used to, AND SHOULD BE, free, from you just to make $$$$$$$, and they NFL network and Big Ten Network make $$$$$$$$$$
First of all Charter WILL have NFL Network. I predict by mid August. So go ahead and cry now.

As far as the "should be free" part. What is this communism or welfare? Wher is it writen that these games should free? Are the games free to go to? No. Besides I'm not sure how games on NFL Network make the cost more. Aren't already paying for cable? Sure you are. So I'm not sure how this adds to the cost. It's not like it's on PPV.

MNF is on ESPN because people like YOU have cable. Maybe you should have stuck with OTA and ESPN wouldn't have gotten so big. So in a way YOU are too blame also.
techyguy09
join:2009-03-05
Two Rivers, WI

techyguy09

I'm stating that since the games were first broadcast over the air, they have been free. I believe they should stay that way, and company's caving in and agreeing to carry these networks, just leads to the further addition to games on these channels, which takes away from people without cable or satellite. MNF was moved to ESPN because it is owned all by the same company, and they were probably bitter about losing the thursday night games that were broadcast on ESPN. Just keep bantering like you are, and pretty soon, games will be PPV.