uniqs
oidvoid
join:2003-11-08
Gaithersburg, MD

2 edits

oidvoid to Sunny

to Sunny

DOCSIS 3.0 Available in Gaithersburg, MD

Just got my email from Comcast stating that the new, faster speeds are now available in the Gaithersburg, MD area (20879). I assume this would include Rockville as well. Calling them now!

See also: »DOCSIS 3.0 Available in Gaithersburg, MD
chuwy
join:2004-03-08
Danbury, CT

chuwy

Re: Let's keep all DOCSIS 3.0 Discussion in this thread, please

Ugh! No Danbury or Bethel listed on the CT list. Sigh. One day! thanks for the info however!
oidvoid
join:2003-11-08
Gaithersburg, MD

oidvoid

Re: DOCSIS 3.0 Available in Gaithersburg, MD

Okay, I just confirmed with Comcast. They said I couldn't do a self-install, though. Not sure if I believe the guy I spoke with, as he had to ask a supervisor for every question I had. I'm going up the street to the local Comcast headquarters to see whether I can pick up a modem there. I'll report back when I can.
oidvoid

oidvoid

said by oidvoid:

Okay, I just confirmed with Comcast. They said I couldn't do a self-install, though. Not sure if I believe the guy I spoke with, as he had to ask a supervisor for every question I had. I'm going up the street to the local Comcast headquarters to see whether I can pick up a modem there. I'll report back when I can.
For all you Montgomery County folks, I just went to the Rockville main office to try and get a self-install kit, and they don't have any DS 3.0 modems yet. He said it might be a couple of months. So, it's back to trying to get a Comcast CSR to send me the kit.
oidvoid

oidvoid

said by oidvoid:

said by oidvoid:

For all you Montgomery County folks, I just went to the Rockville main office to try and get a self-install kit, and they don't have any DS 3.0 modems yet. He said it might be a couple of months. So, it's back to trying to get a Comcast CSR to send me the kit.
Gotta love Comcast. Another CSR just told me DS 3.0 is NOT available in my area. This is after 2 other CSRs and an email from Comcast told me it IS available. I'll wait until they figure it out. I'm done with them for now
oidvoid

oidvoid

said by oidvoid:

said by oidvoid:

said by oidvoid:

Gotta love Comcast. Another CSR just told me DS 3.0 is NOT available in my area. This is after 2 other CSRs and an email from Comcast told me it IS available. I'll wait until they figure it out. I'm done with them for now
Update:

I stopped back into the Rockville office the other day after letting a couple of months go by and, lo and behold, they had a modem (Ubee) to give me. It was a self-install, obviously, and I was told it should just work when I swapped it out with my old SB. Well, it didn't, and I had to call and have it configured. Then I decided to have my service upgraded to Ultra, which I did by calling the billing dept. Getting it actually configured for the new tier required speaking to no less than 3 friendly but clueless "technical" reps, with no success. I finally decided to use the Comcast Direct forum here and had my config file by the next morning. Lesson learned!

Anyway, Gaithersburg definitely does have Docsis 3.0 now and it's working splendidly with the Ubee modem. I'm getting exactly what I ordered, 22 down and 5 up consistently.