Mmmm, Zeebas Are Tastee.
Premium Member
join:2003-08-13
Fort Worth, TX

McSummation to cowspotter

Premium Member

to cowspotter

Re: Diesel fuel in an unleaded tank

There are 2 nozzle sizes for Diesel - "truck" and "auto". "Truck" nozzles are big and have a high flow rate so they can fill up a 75 gallon tank without waiting all day. "Auto" nozzles are about the same size as unleaded nozzles.

What you may be thinking about were the "leaded" nozzles that are too big to go in an unleaded fuel tank.

imrf
Premium Member
join:2002-06-06
Utica, MI

imrf

Premium Member

Around here there is no such thing as "truck" or "auto" diesel nozzles. They are all the same and are larger than gas nozzles. Maybe at a truck stop the rigs pumps have even larger ones so I can't say for certain.

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

2 edits

1 recommendation

Lurch77

Premium Member

Same here. There are no diesel nozzles that will fit in a gasoline filler neck. All diesel vehicles, including cars have a larger opening than their gasoline counterparts. You certainly cannot fit a diesel nozzle in a gasoline 2006 Civic. I have been all over the country and I have never seen a gasoline sized diesel nozzle, even at the auto (vs truck pumps) pumps.

I am calling BS on the OP.
»auto.howstuffworks.com/f ··· aded.htm
»blogs.consumerreports.or ··· kes.html

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

ironweasel to McSummation

Premium Member

to McSummation
said by McSummation:

There are 2 nozzle sizes for Diesel - "truck" and "auto". "Truck" nozzles are big and have a high flow rate so they can fill up a 75 gallon tank without waiting all day. "Auto" nozzles are about the same size as unleaded nozzles.

What you may be thinking about were the "leaded" nozzles that are too big to go in an unleaded fuel tank.
Nope, I'm thinking of the regular ol' diesel pumps.

Like imrf and Lurch, I've been all over the country (in a Freightliner Columbia no less) and I've never seen an "Auto Diesel" and "Truck Diesel" variations. Even with the larger nozzles, it still takes 5 - 10 minutes to fill two 100 gallon tanks.

My vote still goes for "trolling".