All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
jennp83
join:2009-06-22
Fargo, ND

jennp83 to Its a Secret

to Its a Secret

Re: Sneaker store required to scan drivers license for returns!

None of the stores are owned by people they are owned by a bigger company that owns other chain stores. It is stated on the bottom of all receipts what our return policy is and at registers in every store so if all of you people seriously have a problem with it then you might as well only shop online. I would really like to know what of your identity can be stolen from a drivers license only.
81399672 (banned)
join:2006-05-17
Los Angeles, CA

81399672 (banned)

Using my driver license you can open a credit card and steal my identity.

Its a Secret
Please speak into the microphone
Premium Member
join:2008-02-23
Da wet coast

Its a Secret to jennp83

Premium Member

to jennp83
said by jennp83:

It is stated on the bottom of all receipts what our return policy is ...
Ahh, a company shill speaks.
jennp83
Fargo, ND

jennp83 to 81399672

to 81399672
You cannot open a credit card with a drivers license, pretty sure there are no longer states that let you have your social security number on your license which is something needed to open a credit card.

Its a Secret
Premium Member
Da wet coast

Its a Secret

Premium Member

Do you even know what's on the swipe and / or the squiggle code on your DL? No, I'm sure you don't.
jennp83
Fargo, ND

jennp83

Well why don't you tell me since you are so smart and know everything.

Its a Secret
Premium Member
Da wet coast

1 edit

Its a Secret

Premium Member

Nice deflection. Part of the woo-woo club are you?

»www.insolitology.com/tes ··· redo.htm
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Its a Secret

Premium Member

to Its a Secret
My fingerprints are on there. I don't think my SS number is there as there was a real stink here about Hawaii being the last state to remove the SS number as the driver's license number several years ago. Putting it in that information would somewhat defeat the purpose of removing it in the first place.

I have to agree though that scanning it for returns is a no-no. LOOKING at it because I put "see photo ID" on the back of my credit cards is a different matter.
jennp83
Fargo, ND

jennp83 to Its a Secret

to Its a Secret
You have no life huh, I feel bad for you.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Its a Secret

Premium Member

to Its a Secret
Where did the word "woo-woo" come from? Certainly not from that list. What does "woo-woo" mean?
deluxe8520
join:2007-07-02
Floral Park, NY

deluxe8520 to jennp83

to jennp83
said by jennp83:

so if all of you people seriously have a problem with it then you might as well only shop online.
Actually Jen I have decided to do this since I found out about this policy. I've been shopping at Famous Footwear for about 5 years and spent thousands of dollars there since all of my kids are athletes.

What I do now is go to Famous Footwear with my family to try on the sneakers. Once we decide what we like I write down the model number and buy them online from your competitor.

I tell everybody I know now to do this. Try on the sneakers at Famous Footwear and buy them cheaper online! Voting with your wallet always gets more attention anyways