MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX

MysticGogeta

Premium Member

Vacation/Suspend Status for DSL?

I'm going on vacation soon and I was wondering if they offered a vacation or suspend service while I was away, or do I have to disconnect the service and reconnect latter which I would hate to do. I tried calling the support and they have no clue and transferred me and it hung up on me so I'm about ready to just disconnect it.

McSummation
Mmmm, Zeebas Are Tastee.
Premium Member
join:2003-08-13
Fort Worth, TX

McSummation

Premium Member

How long are you going to be gone?

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX

MysticGogeta

Premium Member

About one month

dleehend
Howdy
Premium Member
join:2002-03-11
Malvern, AR

dleehend to MysticGogeta

Premium Member

to MysticGogeta
I just turned the modem off, then turned it back on when I returned.
This was actually a first as I usually just leave everything running while I am gone.

SoonerAl
MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK

SoonerAl

MVM

said by dleehend:

I just turned the modem off, then turned it back on when I returned.
This was actually a first as I usually just leave everything running while I am gone.
I'm guessing the OP is looking to a vacation deal so he would get billed at a reduced rate while away from home for an extended period and not actively using the services. I can get that with my home Cox services when my wife and I travel for extended periods of a month or more.

FWIW...With Cox cable we are downgraded to basic services (basic cable TV, incoming and local phone calls still work and the cable internet connection is there and alive but can't be used to access the internet) but retain our email address, phone number, etc. I also turn in our cable TV HD-DVR set top box for the time we are gone.

There is not a reinstallation charge when we return home as there would be if we had the services disconnected. Just a simple phone call to restore the service we want. This past winter we paid about $40 per month versus the normal $160 per month.