mig288
Premium Member
join:2002-07-13
Cherry Hill, NJ

mig288

Premium Member

[E-mail] Outlook Express 6 problems

I have been receiving this error message lately::

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mymail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have never had issues with my email until about a month ago. I can send email with this account but cannot receive email.

I contacted comcast tech support and they put me through the paces and it still doesn't work. Is anyone else having these problems?

koshoka
join:2006-12-01
Pottsville, PA

koshoka

»support.microsoft.com/kb ··· 4/en-us#
RouterRooter
join:2001-11-22
Rockville, MD

RouterRooter to mig288

to mig288
mig,

I assist with my friend's account and she occasionally gets this when there is some kind of malformed email in her queue. I just use webmail to look at her messages and delete any that look like garbage, spam, junk, crap, etc. Then when I use OE again it works.

Shouldn't be like this, but it is. Good luck,

RR

mig288
Premium Member
join:2002-07-13
Cherry Hill, NJ

mig288

Premium Member

Ok, it took me hours to resolve this issue and I finally found an answer to my problem. For some strange reason, the "mail.comcast.net" pop 3 server is not responding at all for me. When I open up the command prompt and issue this command...

telnet mail.comcast.net 110 the connection cannot be established. As I scratched my head and looked over the settings in my iphone (which is using mail.comcast.net and working fine) I thought to myself, is there another pop3 server for comcast? In short I found that pop.comcast.net 110 works and pop3.comcast.net 110 works as well. Once I issued the commands in the command prompt and noticed it was working, I put this information into my Outlook Express program and wa-la... works like a charm!

I feel like going to one of the comcast call centers with my computer and showing these people.. "seee........... It's not me..... the settings in OE were correct!!!..."

bah.. that would be a waste of my time.

bigchris
Do Not Shoot The Messenger
Premium Member
join:2002-04-29
Leesburg, VA

bigchris

Premium Member

What do you get if you type:

nslookup mail.comcast.net

in a DOS window?

mig288