Jamestown, NC

Matt3 to k1ll3rdr4g0n

Premium Member

to k1ll3rdr4g0n

Re: This Day and Age

said by k1ll3rdr4g0n:

said by morbo:

they can, they just don't want to.

why? they make more money this way. they've run the numbers with providing instant feedback or at least, daily feedback on usage to users vs. dealing with negative PR from these types of stories. you can tell the choice they have made.
No they can't because when you "roam" AT&T has to wait for the other provider to bill AT&T with the data usage so therefore usage is lagged.

No matter what ANY provider says (pointing at LiamJunket) they cannot provide instant up to date information with data that comes from different networks. In order for "instant feedback" to work, the providers would actually have to *work* with each other instead of bickering, complaining, and lying like little children. And you will always have that one oddball provider out in the middle of nowhere that no major carrier cares enough to invite into their "roaming billing system".
Why can't they even provide up-to-date information for domestic usage on their OWN network?
k1ll3rdr4g0n
join:2005-03-19
Homer Glen, IL

k1ll3rdr4g0n

said by Matt3:

said by k1ll3rdr4g0n:

said by morbo:

they can, they just don't want to.

why? they make more money this way. they've run the numbers with providing instant feedback or at least, daily feedback on usage to users vs. dealing with negative PR from these types of stories. you can tell the choice they have made.
No they can't because when you "roam" AT&T has to wait for the other provider to bill AT&T with the data usage so therefore usage is lagged.

No matter what ANY provider says (pointing at LiamJunket) they cannot provide instant up to date information with data that comes from different networks. In order for "instant feedback" to work, the providers would actually have to *work* with each other instead of bickering, complaining, and lying like little children. And you will always have that one oddball provider out in the middle of nowhere that no major carrier cares enough to invite into their "roaming billing system".
Why can't they even provide up-to-date information for domestic usage on their OWN network?
That's a good question which I don't have the answer to - perhaps they treat all data (voice/data/text) as "roaming" data and want to make sure everything is billed correctly (haha I joke)?

But I know the reason why the data isn't instant for when you "roam" is correct, and makes perfect sense - otherwise I have no idea, lets go ask them.

Honestly I think when I get my bill I should see every packet, the size, what tower it came from and other information like the actual text in a text message. But that's just me .