uniqs
Thislilfishy
join:2008-10-28
Dundalk, ON

Thislilfishy to Adam20

to Adam20

Re: More bell thievery!

said by Adam20:

The roaming rates would not come form bell canada, ATM bell uses cdma technology and att uses gsm/hspa(or hspda whatever you want to call it), its rogers who is charging crazy rates.
I stand corrected, although I am a bit surprised. As I did mention though, neither company is well liked. Unfortunately if you want a smartphone it's one or the other, (or one of the companies they own/sell too) at least here in Canada. I wanted an Iphone but it's either Rogers or Fido and Fido is getting the short end of the stick from Rogers...so their rates are a bit wonky.

Ian
soitgoes2
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14

soitgoes2

Premium Member

said by Thislilfishy:

I wanted an Iphone but it's either Rogers or Fido and Fido is getting the short end of the stick from Rogers...so their rates are a bit wonky.
Fido is owned by Rogers.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fi ··· olutions
Thislilfishy
join:2008-10-28
Dundalk, ON

Thislilfishy

said by soitgoes2:

said by Thislilfishy:

I wanted an Iphone but it's either Rogers or Fido and Fido is getting the short end of the stick from Rogers...so their rates are a bit wonky.
Fido is owned by Rogers.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fi ··· olutions
Yeah, I couldn't remember if it was owned by Rogers, or if they just purchased the data bandwidth from them. Either way, their base plans are pretty decent, but the data plans are horrible (1G per month!!).

Ian