spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dlewis23
join:2005-04-18
Boca Raton, FL

dlewis23

Kinda odd!!!

It's kinda odd why they only break 1000 Kbps on there chart twice with AT&T but several with Verizon. That is the complete opposite from what I see in the real world.

I have been to 5 cities over the past 2 weeks on business and in all I had no problems getting over 1 Mbps with AT&T, and in some had no problem getting over 1.5 Mbps.

knightmb
Everybody Lies
join:2003-12-01
Franklin, TN

knightmb

said by dlewis23:

It's kinda odd why they only break 1000 Kbps on there chart twice with AT&T but several with Verizon. That is the complete opposite from what I see in the real world.

I have been to 5 cities over the past 2 weeks on business and in all I had no problems getting over 1 Mbps with AT&T, and in some had no problem getting over 1.5 Mbps.
I see similar speeds as well, just wish they would quit advertising it as 3.6 Mbps because I've never seen it get even close to that speed and I'm within sight of the tower. I've tried it at 2:00AM, tower within sight, -20 db signal, no go.
ShellMMG
join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI

ShellMMG

On one strange evening I actually got a 3.3 down from my Alltel/Verizon tower. I'm 3.5 miles away, in "fringe" territory and usually get between 65K-1.50M down. It was for one hot second and I nearly fell out of my chair.

So THAT'S what it's capable of! Why I've never seen that again I don't know.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to dlewis23

Premium Member

to dlewis23
said by dlewis23:

IMO, Florida is AT&T's best 3G market. I constantly see above 1Mbps on my 3G speedtests.
Cod2
join:2000-07-05
Kernersville, NC

Cod2

Greensboro, NC AT&T 3g test from 5 minutes ago.
dlewis23
join:2005-04-18
Boca Raton, FL

dlewis23 to Robert

to Robert
said by Robert:

IMO, Florida is AT&T's best 3G market. I constantly see above 1Mbps on my 3G speedtests.
Got that right, I constantly see over 1.5 Mbps here in the Boca/Delray area.

Time
Premium Member
join:2003-07-05
Irvine, CA

1 edit

Time to Cod2

Premium Member

to Cod2

No dropped calls, no reliability issues.
sides14
join:2007-11-29
Peoria, AZ

sides14 to knightmb

to knightmb
If you had a -20dBm signal your receiver would burn out. Just because you see a tower doesn't mean that it is your carriers tower.