spc
Search similar:

uniqs

neway152
@megapath.net

neway152

Anon

[Line Problem] ATT 2wire broadband link unavailable error messag

I've had a 2wire modem installed in my house for the last year, but in the last week we've been receiving "The Broadband Link is Currently Not Available" error messages every day. Although it usually resolves itself over night, it hasn't worked at all in the last 24 hours. We called AT&T tech support who said that it was a "line problem" but were really not very useful. They told us to unplug the cord from the phone jack to the modem and from the plug to the modem, which we did and that did not help.

Not sure why we only started experiencing this problem in the past week as we haven't changed anything - modem is in the same place and we don't have a landline that might interfere. I thought it might have something to do with our bandwidth usage, but they never mentioned that. We are torrent program users, but we don't use them that frequently, so I don't know if that might be a factor.

Any and all suggestions are eagerly sought as having no internet is very frustrating.

Thanks,
Neway

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

Re: [Line Problem] ATT 2wire broadband link unavailable error me

said by neway152 :

I've had a 2wire modem installed in my house for the last year, but in the last week we've been receiving "The Broadband Link is Currently Not Available" error messages every day.
The 2wire is telling you it is having a loss of dsl sync
If the loss of sync is caused by the phone wiring in the dwelling, you can connect the 2wire at the nid if the loss of sync continues at the nid the problem is caused by att's portion of the wiring.