sturmvogel6
Obama '08
join:2008-02-07
Houston, TX

sturmvogel6 to K Patterson

to K Patterson

Re: Bandwidth Limits/Congestion Management - All discussion here

said by K Patterson:

A draft of an RFC disclosing what a lot of firms might regard as confidential data is pretty full disclosure.

Viewed from the perspective of a customer who cannot/will not be appeased, everything is inadequate disclosure.
I believe a lot of that disclosure has to do with the settlement with the FL AG and the FCC and not about "listening to customers" as the FAQ says.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

Agreed 100%

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 edit

1 recommendation

funchords to sturmvogel6

MVM

to sturmvogel6
said by sturmvogel6:

I believe a lot of that disclosure has to do with the settlement with the FL AG and the FCC and not about "listening to customers" as the FAQ says.
Sturm,

It's very important that users take note that this is not a consumer disclosure made at the threat of government regulation, this is a open and voluntary submission to the Internet Engineering Task Force. This the exactly the kind of thing that the Internet community wants to see. It's open disclosure, cooperative, open to critique and constructive suggestions, and it's an important part about how the worldwide Internet agrees to work together.

I salute the move. I probably won't like everything about the draft, but I don't criticize submitting the Internet Draft itself -- this is how Internet Governance works.