uniqs
share rss forum feed

ironwalker
World Renowned
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-31
Keansburg, NJ

FAQ Reply?

I have a question....I edit the IPv6 forums with Optimised.
When someone reply's to an entry I get a pm and there are options edit delete etc. but there is no reply.

I have had the past 3 comments marked for editing or something like that that made no sense and I'd like to be able to reply to them if I can't edit or do not understand what they mean.
Usually, it makes sense, I edit the FAQ and delete the message.
I'd like to be able to thank them also but theres no reply option to the person who was correcting, or commenting on that particular faq.

The way it is now, it seems I just am ignoreing this person when I do not understand there comment.I do not even see the option on dslr for searching for members...I am old but damn, my eyes are fine.

Errr, i hope I explained this correctly.

I know, I need to simplify my questions better..lol.
--
Live Free or Die!
www.sidux.com
www.chronixradio.com

ironwalker
World Renowned
Premium,MVM
Keansburg, NJ

quote:
Pending feedback:
I think you've missed two bits./PeterB
delete
[del] [edit] [rev history]

This is a copy of feedback, but no option to reply and am not sure what he means.
I want to fix the faq if its wrong and deleting cause' one doesn't understand sounds as if I am ignoreing this guy.
--
Live Free or Die!
www.sidux.com
www.chronixradio.com

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
reply to ironwalker

Agreed, if they place their forum name at all and it is not an anon, would be wonderful to be able to reply. I have had similar problems.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
reply to ironwalker

Peterb is a member: »/useremail/u/1618712

If that's him, you could try sending an IM.

ironwalker
World Renowned
Premium,MVM
Keansburg, NJ
reply to ironwalker

Maybe the feature request(s) can be posted in that forum.

Thanks Lisa, already found that guy and pm'd but not sure if its him.
I did a search for Peter* and got quite a bit of results.

Thanks
--
Live Free or Die!
www.sidux.com
www.chronixradio.com

ironwalker
World Renowned
Premium,MVM
Keansburg, NJ
reply to lilhurricane

said by lilhurricane:

Peterb is a member: »/useremail/u/1618712

If that's him, you could try sending an IM.
Just got a reply from peterb, wasn't him.

Oh well, I won't worry about it now.

Does Jason read this forum or should I request a feature change for FAQ editors in Feature request forum?
Is that ok to post there at all in relation to this?

Thank you.
--
Live Free or Die!
www.sidux.com
www.chronixradio.com

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6

You should be able to reply to them by clicking the envelope next to their name above the feedback IF the feedback was left by a registered and logged in member:

If there's no name and envelope next to the "Pending Feedback" header, then it was done anonymously and there's no way (even with a change to the current system) to reply back to them unless they've left an email address in there somewhere.

KeysCapt
FAQ Master
join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to ironwalker

What state See Profile said. I get probably six or more of these every time I log in, and so does he. There is no mechanism for replying, because the intent of the feedback was simply that: To provide a way to leave comments about the subject matter, not to ask questions or address a particular user. The "directions" that show up when a user clicks the feedback link [Any feedback you provide (corrections, updates or suggestions) are sent to the owner of this FAQ and anyone else involved in writing or editing this item.] were amended to try to prevent that and further explain the idea, but fall a bit short of discouraging direct questions.

Some are smart enough (or otherwise) to leave an email address, but the point is the feedback system was not intended for that.

ironwalker
World Renowned
Premium,MVM
Keansburg, NJ
reply to ironwalker

There was a name but no envelope, if there was I'd have clicked it.
I guess because there was a name, I thought they were registered.
Thank you.