Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FUBARinSFO
Premium
join:2006-03-25
Oakland, CA
reply to dellsweig

Re: Undersized Power supplies from Linksys.

Dellsweig:

Just had the same problem, but with a universal 12DC adapter I happened to have lying around. Turned out it was only 500ma, so had the sort of problems you've described. Not often this is the solution.

On the other hand, I went to Newegg.com to try to find a spare -- forget it. They said it was a tech support question on their products, which they don't provide. Unbelievable.

-- Roy Zider

Posting to newegg.com:
-----------------------
Item#:12V DC universal power supply

Message: Hi: Where do you have 1A - 2A 12V DC power supplies for routers, modems, etc? Can't find them. Thanks.

Answer from newegg.com:
-------------------------
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately we do not provide compatibility advice on any of the items we sell. Additionally, we do not offer product recommendations nor offer technical support. Since we are strictly a reseller and we do not have technical department, we are not in the position to give such advice concerning the recommendations or compatibility.

You might be interested in using our Advanced Search

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1

said by FUBARinSFO:

Dellsweig:

Just had the same problem, but with a universal 12DC adapter I happened to have lying around. Turned out it was only 500ma, so had the sort of problems you've described. Not often this is the solution.

On the other hand, I went to Newegg.com to try to find a spare -- forget it. They said it was a tech support question on their products, which they don't provide. Unbelievable.

-- Roy Zider

Posting to newegg.com:
-----------------------
Item#:12V DC universal power supply

Message: Hi: Where do you have 1A - 2A 12V DC power supplies for routers, modems, etc? Can't find them. Thanks.

Answer from newegg.com:
-------------------------
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately we do not provide compatibility advice on any of the items we sell. Additionally, we do not offer product recommendations nor offer technical support. Since we are strictly a reseller and we do not have technical department, we are not in the position to give such advice concerning the recommendations or compatibility.

You might be interested in using our Advanced Search
This is the unit I bought for my wrt310N's. It will work for most Linksys routers.

»www.12vadapters.com/adapter/powe···-5a.html