Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Anon7979

@mindspring.com
reply to Hwnsista

Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

Greetings all,

It looks like someone from this racquet is at it again. I was searching AUTO TRADER for a Mercedes and found a good deal. Not a fabulous deal but just enough to get me interested. I emailed "Sean Nelson" about the car and this is the reply I received.....

"Hello,
Thank you for being interested in my MB CLK 550!
I want to mention that it is still for sale and I'm the first owner (non smoker)
The car has been meticulously maintained by myself and Mercedes-Benz Dealership so its in excellent condition and ready for a new owner!
Further I can say that it has only 39,066 miles, it runs & drives great, its very reliable and it hasn't been involved in accidents, even more it has no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage!
The car has been fully paid off so is not under bank liabilities and it will come with a clear title and transferable warranty.
The only reason I'm selling it is because my wife and I just had a new baby and because US Air Force notified me that I'm moving to Germany in four days from now.
As you can see the car is priced to sell quickly and the price that I'm asking for it is $20,200 (negotiable)
If you want to buy it I'm going to ship it directly to your home address at no costs on your side.
Anyway, if you're still interested in buying it please reply to this e-mail so we can make the deal.

Thanks!
Sean"

I replied stating I needed the VIN and a time and place to meet in order to evaluate the car in person and this is the response I received.....

"Hello,

The VIN is WDBTJ72J77F217494
I'm sorry but I'm not able to meet you these days because of my schedule but we can still make the deal thru eBay.
I'm affiliated at their Vehicle Purchase Protection Program and because I'm very busy I'm going to let them help me sell the car.
At this moment the car is located in New York sealed along with the proper documents (title, maintenance records, bill of sale, owners manual) at a storage facility, ready to be shipped.
Here are the details on how the deal will work:
- First of all, I need your information: name, shipping address and home/cell phone #
- After I receive your info I'll forward it to eBay, they will process our info and initiate the transaction.
- We will receive an invoice, your invoice will notify you how to make a refundable payment and the transfer will be done via bank to bank transfer.
Our transaction will be guaranteed by eBay and supervised by one of their representatives until its finished.
- If you agree with eBay VPP terms and decide to complete the payment, they will validate it and will contact me to authorize shipping.
Have a notion that shipping is already paid because I already took care of this on my costs.
- After you receive the car, you'll have a 5 days inspection period while you can test drive and verify the car, you can even take it to an independent mechanic for inspection.
If you like it and decide to keep it, the car will be registered on your name with properly executed title and you'll have to notify eBay and let them know that the car is as I described and that I can be paid.
If you decide that you don't want to keep the car, which I doubt, eBay will completely refund you within 3 days and I'll have to return the car on my costs.

I apologize if it seems like I'm pushing on the deal but time pressures me! Hope you understand why I'm conducting the deal in this manner and if you're fine with the terms please reply with the requested info so I can initiate the deal thru eBay.

Thank you for your time!
Sean"

Needless to say......this car isn't right for me, but others should be warned. Be very careful folks!

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable

said by Anon7979 :

Needless to say......this car isn't right for me, but others should be warned. Be very careful folks!
Maybe you could be interested in a Chrysler??
»www.fightthescams.com/2009/03/23···ahoocom/

Rowan
Premium
join:2008-10-16
Longview, TX

Ya know, I was listening to NPR on the way home from work yesterday, and they were discussing GM coming out of bankruptcy, new ways to sell cars, blah blah blah -- and then they said that GM is partnering with EBay to find new ways to appeal to customers...

Anyone else run across this info?

~Rowan