how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

siech0

join:2001-03-20
Warrensburg, MO

Cox's new system status page

I believe this is new in the last couple hours. This is the first time i've seen it...
»status.cox.net

Tidefan73
Roll Tide, Roll
Premium
join:2000-12-31
Stafford, VA
I can't pull the page up!!

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer
--
"Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare their achievements with those of other people." -- Nido Qubein

siech0

Warrensburg, MO
That sux! Here i'll post Virginia's status:

Affected Area Affected Service Descripton Latest Update Approximate Beginning Time
Virgina Connection Loss Customers in the Virgina Area will experience a loss of connectivity. Techs are on site.
1/19/2002 10:27:41 AM 1/19/2002 6:59:53 AM

Better to view on the page

spuddogg9

join:2001-07-15
Williamsburg, VA
reply to siech0
I got it bamafan ...
Of course it shows no issues for Virginia.
--
Pain is inevitable - Suffering is optional.

siech0

Warrensburg, MO
They must of just posted the Va problems in the last 2minutes haha

spuddogg9

Williamsburg, VA
reply to siech0
Oops .... sorry.
I was looking at the 'Future Activities'
DOH!
--

Tidefan73
Roll Tide, Roll
Premium
Stafford, VA
reply to siech0
Wonder why I can't access it?! Not that I don't already know what's going on I just want to play with something new!!

siech0

Warrensburg, MO
What bothers me..is I can't log into "My Account" that makes me angry..Says incorrect Logon ID or Password...but I can access my email!

Tidefan73
Roll Tide, Roll
Premium
Stafford, VA
said by siech0:
What bothers me..is I can't log into "My Account" that makes me angry..Says incorrect Logon ID or Password...but I can access my email!
Are you using the primary account info to log in with or a sub-account?
--
"Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare their achievements with those of other people." -- Nido Qubein

siech0

Warrensburg, MO
Primary..I can't login to add Sub-accounts...thats what I wanted to do.

Tidefan73
Roll Tide, Roll
Premium
Stafford, VA
reply to siech0
Can't help ya there. Thought it might be an oversight or something. Wish I could help, but good luck!

spuddogg9

Williamsburg, VA
reply to siech0
Here's a fun one.
I've noticed that sometimes when I'm getting those getting pop errors we've all been seeing, I can still acces my mail thru the webmail.cox.net.
--

siech0

Warrensburg, MO
reply to Tidefan73
Haha I attempted the call to Cox 3x's and got the busy signal after on hold for 2 minutes...So I thought..I can live with the primary one till things settle down! haha

Tidefan73
Roll Tide, Roll
Premium
Stafford, VA
Good choice. No need to flood the system if it's not a dire emergency. A couple weeks from now, you should be able to get through without any problem. Patience is a virtue!
--

flytepath

join:2002-01-16
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA
reply to siech0
You are aware that your pasword IS case-sensitive, right? Outlook Express may not read it that way (thus you can get your email), but member services access will. Then again, the member services site has been hammered lately, too, so you might just have to wait it out a bit.

needforspeed59
Cruise Ship Just Passing Through

join:2001-05-02
La Place, LA
reply to siech0
said by siech0:
Primary..I can't login to add Sub-accounts...thats what I wanted to do.
I was having problems, too. But now I can get right in. I chnaged all the passwords and have been using webmail. »webmail.cox.net.

siech0

Warrensburg, MO
Yeah I can access webmail no problem. Just not "My Account"

beefcake122

join:2001-03-24
Tucson, AZ
reply to siech0
yeah right, jerks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
reply to siech0
Thanks for the link! I've been all over Cox's site (or so I thought) and had not seen this. It's nice to see some info, even if it's not what you want to hear. Earthlink has had this kind of thing for a long time. I've already p_ssed & moaned enough today about the problems on cox.net, so I'll just leave it with a thank you for giving me something to watch while I wait for things to settle out.
--
Surf Without Strings

Tidefan73
Roll Tide, Roll
Premium
Stafford, VA
reply to siech0
Finally got the page to load. Cool thing they've done, question is, how up to date will they keep it?

STiernan

join:2002-01-04
North Providence, RI
reply to Tidefan73
I think we all know what IE automatically says when a page cannot load up.

Tidefan73
Roll Tide, Roll
Premium
Stafford, VA
said by STiernan:
I think we all know what IE automatically says when a page cannot load up.
Still the smart ass, aren't we?
--

STiernan

North Providence, RI
I'm just playing. It was just a surprise to see that you put all that in the post as if it was unknown to everyone, and useful information.

Tidefan73
Roll Tide, Roll
Premium
Stafford, VA
I was being facetious by posting the error. Trying to be funny, but I guess your sense of humor doesn't withstand it, huh?

STiernan

North Providence, RI
uh huh. I think you would have been just as facetious if you said " I can't get the page to load".

"Page cannot be displayed"

But you can do whatever you want!

Whatever floats your boat!

Tidefan73
Roll Tide, Roll
Premium
Stafford, VA
reply to siech0
A sailing we will go, a sailing we will go...I'm sure you know the rest, you seem to think you know everything else.

STiernan

North Providence, RI
Why yes, I do, Indeed I do Scott.