I stand by my answer.
Then that's good enough for me....

Thank you Frohike See Profile

John_E
Premium
join:2004-02-03
Florissant, MO
reply to Frohike

Does this include sub account addresses or just the main account address?

Frohike
Premium
join:2000-07-23
Waxahachie, TX
kudos:4

said by John_E:

Does this include sub account addresses or just the main account address?
John, I'm still waiting on an official answer to this, but from what I've seen of previous free email accounts - it looks like the subs are included. But still waiting on my email to be answered. =)

And Anne,

Again, it should turn into a free email account 60 days after its been disconnected. As long as it wasn't disconnected for a payment issue, violating policy or the Terms of Service. Only applies to emails accessible via AT&T Yahoo Portal (att.yahoo.com).

Emails accessed via my.att.net are not eligible.

As far as you getting different answers when you call in, I do apologize. The information is there for the Reps if they just look for it.

John_E
Premium
join:2004-02-03
Florissant, MO

Frohike, thanks for your efforts in researching this.

Lodger

@verizon.net

I thought I'd comment here.
I canceled my ATT DSL recently and am currently paying just to keep my e.mail address. I've had them for years.
After reading the above comments I called customer service. I just got off the phone. They were unequivocal that if i cancel the $7.95 monthly charge I would lose the addresses.
Sorry to hear that.

Logan 5
Enjoying the Cataclysm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-25
Austin, TX
kudos:7

1 edit

said by Lodger :

I thought I'd comment here.
I canceled my ATT DSL recently and am currently paying just to keep my e.mail address. I've had them for years.
After reading the above comments I called customer service. I just got off the phone. They were unequivocal that if i cancel the $7.95 monthly charge I would lose the addresses.
Sorry to hear that.
It may be that you were told this because you are unable to access your email through the AT&T Yahoo Portal (att.yahoo.com). See if you can go there and if all your account(s) CAN be accessed, I'd ask for a supervisor to determine if you are getting accurate information or not.

You'll need to enter your complete ATT email address: whatever@someattdomain.com plus your AT&T password.

If they CANNOT be accessed through the portal then yes, they are correct and you'd lose them if you stop paying for them.