uniqs
share rss forum feed

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL
reply to IT Guy

Re: If the facts dont fit...

Tax rate cuts stimulate the economy every time they've been tried, the problem is that the crooks in Washington (and in nearly every state capital) won't curb their spending along with it to balance a budget and pay off debt.

nasadude

join:2001-10-05
Rockville, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by jester121:

Tax rate cuts stimulate the economy every time they've been tried, ....
right wing myth. all available data shows the stimulative effects of tax cuts are small, at best.

and tax cuts DO NOT pay for themselves.

from the WSJ: »blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2007/07/2···s-faded/
In a letter to Spratt released Friday, CBO director Peter Orszag said, “The short-term effects of EGTRRA and JGTRRA in stimulating aggregate demand in the economy have largely dissipated by now, and the supply-side effects of those policies are uncertain but are probably small.”

Congressional budget office fact sheet: »budget.senate.gov/democratic/pre···2702.pdf

CBO Confirms that the Tax Cut is the Primary Cause for Deterioration of the Budget. These
new estimates confirm – despite continuing efforts by the White House to mislead the public about
this – that the President’s tax cut enacted last year is the single biggest cause of the deterioration in
the budget.

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL

said by nasadude:

right wing myth. all available data shows the stimulative effects of tax cuts are small, at best.

and tax cuts DO NOT pay for themselves.

from the WSJ: »blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2007/07/2···s-faded/
In a letter to Spratt released Friday, CBO director Peter Orszag said, “The short-term effects of EGTRRA and JGTRRA in stimulating aggregate demand in the economy have largely dissipated by now, and the supply-side effects of those policies are uncertain but are probably small.”

Congressional budget office fact sheet: »budget.senate.gov/democratic/pre···2702.pdf

CBO Confirms that the Tax Cut is the Primary Cause for Deterioration of the Budget. These
new estimates confirm – despite continuing efforts by the White House to mislead the public about
this – that the President’s tax cut enacted last year is the single biggest cause of the deterioration in
the budget.

Typical left wing knee jerk propaganda.

(Quoting a publication like the WSJ is nice, but when they're relying on the numbers from the partisan CBO it's kind of moot. And pay special attention to the URL in your second reference:
budget.senate.gov/democratic/pre···2702.pdf

For an equally partisan response:

»www.heritage.org/Press/NewsRelea···807a.cfm

Throwing around phrases like "all available data" doesn't help you make your point, it just makes you sound like you think you're smarter than everyone else.

nasadude

join:2001-10-05
Rockville, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

said by jester121:

Typical left wing knee jerk propaganda.

I expected that response. The congressional budget office is widely accepted as non-partisan, with studies, analysis, etc. being requested and used by both republicans and democrats.

as for the heritage foundation, if they said the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, I would not believe it unless I had observed it myself.

forgot to mention: everyone knows facts have a liberal bias

huntml

join:2002-01-23
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 edit

said by nasadude:

I expected that response. The congressional budget office is widely accepted as non-partisan, with studies, analysis, etc. being requested and used by both republicans and democrats.

as for the heritage foundation, if they said the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, I would not believe it unless I had observed it myself.

forgot to mention: everyone knows facts have a liberal bias
I've never heard a sitting congressman or senator OF EITHER PARTY accuse the CBO of being biased.

In fact, I'm sure that if there were any such case to be made, it would be part of the standard set of talking points for whichever party was in the minority at any given time, and you'd have been hearing it every Sunday on the talking head shows for years now, regardless of which party was in control of Congress.

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to nasadude

This is so true. It's like listening to conservative Christians call laws supporting the teaching of evolution in schools a "liberal bias".

I hate it when obviously biased conservatives claim "bias" when sites demonstrate *facts* that support liberal claims, and then point to far more deceitful sources of right-wing information.