spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BC in TX

@vvm.com
reply to Hwnsista

Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

Same Jack@$$ on Autotrader too. He is advertising a loaded 2008 Toyota Tundra out of Waco, TX for $21,600. After exchanging a few e-mails that seemed legit, I got this:

Hi,

To give you a pertinent explanation of the under market price all I can say is that I'm ruined.... this crisis ate me alive and I've almost lost my business. I desperately need some money to save my business so I need to sell my car. Two days ago I've put myself on a plane to Goteborg, Sweden because I need to renegotiate a contract here. It would be hard to reach each other on the phone due to the time difference. Anyway, here is my number: +46313607468.Because of this I've already arranged the shipping anywhere in the US and it is included in the price. Given the nature of this transaction please note that my sale terms are final and non-negotiable.
The transaction will be made through eBay for the safety of both of us. In order to do this we will have to follow a few easy steps:

- I start the transaction through eBay;
- you give me your shipping address so I can arrange the shipping;
- they send you an invoice with the payment details;
- you send the money to eBay Motors Payment Department;
- I will start the shipping;
- you receive the vehicle and inspect it;
- you accept the vehicle and eBay pays me.

eBay Motors will hold the money until the car and the the clean title are delivered to you. You will have 5 days for inspection from the moment you receive the car. If the car is not like described, you will have to ship it back on my expense and eBay will give you a full refund. This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you are serious about buying it. I've left all the car's documents in the glovebox and you'll receive them along with the car. This includes the title, service records, original manuals and a bill of sale. The title and the bill of sale are signed by me, all you have to do is to put your name on them.

In order to move forward I will need your full name and shipping address.
eBay will get in touch with you with further details and instructions.
Looking forward to hear from you!

Michael

The e-mail addy he is using is mchbert75@gmail.com, and he is going by Michael Berthold.

I have made a fraud report to AutoTrader, so hopefully they will remove the ad shortly.

WATCH OUT FOLKS!!! These scams are everywhere.