Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rahvin112

join:2002-05-24
Sandy, UT
reply to qworst

Re: Cherry Picking... again. "Select markets"

I'm in Sandy at around 9500 south 2200 east. There is Remote CO (Brick building, probably 10x15 in size) that I know has a fiber loop to it from the CO that is probably less than 1000' from my home and I can only get 1.5 down. I made the mistake of sticking to 1.5 when the initial offer of DSL was available, because IIRC they did offer 7down in my neighborhood. I think the link is so saturated with customers that they will only offer 1.5 down now and they won't upgrade anyone.

To upgrade my neighborhood I think all they have to do is upgrade the equipment on either side of the Fiber loop so they have more than T1 capacity and it's been that way for more than 2 years now. Although the equipment isn't cheap it's way cheaper than digging a new fiber into the ground and they still haven't done even that. That's how bad their finances are. Don't hold out hope they will upgrade you to VDSL or ADSL2, they are going to hit urban denver as much as they can then ignore the rest us. The only area in SLC that's going to see the new speeds is likely Daybreak.

woodward
XMission Broadband
VIP
join:2000-12-28
Salt Lake City, UT

In north Sandy, a few blocks from the Midvale border, I can still only get 256k.

dynodb
Premium,VIP
join:2004-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

said by woodward:

In north Sandy, a few blocks from the Midvale border, I can still only get 256k.
Have you checked recently? I heard that some VDSL2 remotes have been added in the Sandy area just in the past 3-4 weeks. No idea if any are close enough to you though.

woodward
XMission Broadband
VIP
join:2000-12-28
Salt Lake City, UT

said by dynodb:

Have you checked recently? I heard that some VDSL2 remotes have been added in the Sandy area just in the past 3-4 weeks. No idea if any are close enough to you though.
Just tried again on your suggestion. Still 256k. Hasn't been an upgrade in the area in the 6 years I've owned the home.

MSauk
MSauk
Premium
join:2002-01-17
Sandy, UT
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to woodward

well I live around 700 east in Sandy and I just looked today and I now can get speeds up to 12/896 which is a huge upgrade from 1.5/896 this address has seen the last 8 years....

Might actually order now...
--
801 Images

skriefal

join:2002-12-26
Sandy, UT
reply to woodward

I'm in northern Sandy... and according to Qwest's web site I qualify for the 40/20 service. I've had the 12/.896 service for about a year, and might go for the 12/5 upgrade.