Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka to Anonuser

MVM

to Anonuser

Re: [Help] Vehicle restricted to 25mph ------------Cushman Super

The PDF you provided says that it is fuel injected.
71 horsepower fuel injected 4 cylinder overhead cam engine

MrMoody
Free range slave
Premium Member
join:2002-09-03
Smithfield, NC
Netgear CM500
Asus RT-AC68

1 edit

MrMoody

Premium Member

It's probably throttle-body injection. 71hp, 2700 lbs, I had an old Datsun with similar specs, I bet it can do 80 if it's geared right, given no headwind and a long enough flat stretch.

As far as safety, it looks to be ca. 1980 suspension and DOT tires, it should handle OK if you don't get too wild. I bet they drive these highway speed in China. The issue is probably crash protection and emissions. Just don't crash at speed.

I'd look for the speed sensor (probably near the tranny output) and unplug it. You'll lose your speedo (if it has one) but I bet it will go then. Use a GPS for speed, it's more accurate anyway ...

Anonuser
join:2003-01-03
Milwaukee, WI

Anonuser

Yah, it does have Carb. It's 71hp, but carbed. I drove one of these in Vietnam, as well as rode in many in Vietnam, and they take these suckers through the mountains flooring it on 2 lane roads with thousand feet drop offs inches away with no safety baracade on the side of the road. Just dont hit anything! Though, these things are very agile, and take off like a rocket! On one of the main highways, we were doing about 70mph with 10 of us in one of these (Fit 10, even though seats 8, as it was 1 white guy (me) and 9 vietnamese (wife and her family), and they all weigh 65-85lbs, I weigh 170.....)

I think I have video, I'll post it if I can find it. It does have DOT Tires from Duro, same people that make my dot cycle tires for my 49-250cc scooters.

Cho Baka
MVM
there

1 edit

Cho Baka

MVM

Can you either post a couple of pictures of the carb, or post a PDF that actually applies to the vehicle in question?

In the pictures above, the bottom three are a Toyota, not a Cushman. I don't know about the one on the top.

Edit:
I should clarify that I meant the vehicle the photos were taken from.

wilbilt
Pronto Resurrected
Premium Member
join:2004-01-11
Oroville, CA

wilbilt

Premium Member

said by Cho Baka:

In the pictures above, the bottom three are a Toyota, not a Cushman. I don't know about the one on the top.
Daihatsu, maybe?

Cho Baka
MVM
there

1 edit

Cho Baka

MVM

Edit:
O/T