spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

comcasted

@comcast.net

just got flyer in mail w/ summer special "50Mbs for $99"

is "50Mbs for $99" a good deal or should i wait? is there anything better?

what about "100Mbs for $99"?

Cablevision and Optimum Online are both offering "101Mbs for $99", why not Comcast, are we going to see that anytime soon?

and I guess the 250GB/m bandwidth applies. Why not get rid of them. I don't think Cablevision nor Optimum Online nor Verizon has them, so far...

kenshell

join:2004-01-21
Woodbridge, NJ

1 edit

I thought $99 was the regular concast price for 50/10?
I did not know OPT has 100Mb

said by comcasted :

is "50Mbs for $99" a good deal or should i wait? is there anything better?

what about "100Mbs for $99"?

Cablevision and Optimum Online are both offering "101Mbs for $99", why not Comcast, are we going to see that anytime soon?

and I guess the 250GB/m bandwidth applies. Why not get rid of them. I don't think Cablevision nor Optimum Online nor Verizon has them, so far...

Comcasted

@comcast.net
reply to comcasted

Sure do 101mb for $99.

What are the Comcastic folks waiting for. Oh, I forgot no competition and they will have to lower their prices. How will they justify 101mb at $99 and charge me $65 for blasted 16mb.

I'm envious or better I'm on the slow lane or even better I'm starting to feel like one of those turtles that we see in the ads

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

50/10 was $150.00 before the $99.00 price. Seems reasonable to me.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
reply to comcasted

If you don't like Comcast, don't buy it.

Comcasted

@comcast.net
reply to Johkal

No to me when others have 101Mbs for $99/m

it's all relative. doesn't look like they are keeping up with the competition.

like i'm trapped in yesterday...

I want 101Mbs!, I don't want to be a second class Netizen and I want it for $99! And I want it NOW mister.

Do you understand! Did I make myself clear! Or do I have to ...

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

Here's the problem: Comcast IS keeping up with the competition...except in FiOS areas where 50/20 for $90 is better than Comcast's 50/10 for $100 wih a cap.

You see, OOL/CV and Comcast don't service the same areas...ever. If they did OOL would presumably get all the customers

koshoka

join:2006-12-01
Pottsville, PA

I only have 6/1.

I feel so 2nd class.

comcasted

@comcast.net
reply to iansltx

yeap, OOL is a good thing, especially at 101Mbs for $99/m

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium
join:2003-02-20
Charlotte, NC
kudos:1
reply to comcasted

does OOL have a low cap?

HotRodFoto
Premium
join:2003-04-19
Denver, CO
reply to pandora

said by pandora:

If you don't like Comcast, don't buy it.
Sure tell me when Fios is in Denver and you have a deal
--
Capturing the images of Colorado
»jdebordphoto.com

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to Comcasted

at least you have the option for a 50mb service. Half of CCs footprint still doesnt even have D3

hata28

join:2008-12-16
Philadelphia, PA
reply to comcasted

Click for full size
Just got off the phone with Comcast HSI Tech support.....got a deal for Extreme 50/10 for $69.99 per month for 12 months. I am not sure this apply for all, but I have Triple Play and installed Ultra a week ago for a promotion rate of $49.99. So for $20 more I go for it.

Comcasted

@comcast.net
reply to comcasted

Nice numbers.

I'm basically paying that much for 16/2 (20/4).

So, tell us how you did it... called and said you were switching to Verizon... Is that what's it come to...

What would really be sweet if they offered 101Mbs for $99 and 50Mbs for $50. Basically $1 per 1Mbs.

Oh year and get rid of the caps... Now that I started to watch Hulu, ect I'm eating more and more bandwidth and watching less and less tv. I like that I can watch whatever I want whenever I want. Not the old tv format where they controlled what and when I saw things...

hata28

Philadelphia, PA

I just called HSI TECH support and complain about my DS bonded 3 channel and now even @ Extreme the DS still 3 Bonded Channel. And when talking about my Ultra Speed, and the rate I'm paying, he said there a promotion for Extreme $69.99 for 12 months. So I go for it.

Comcasted

@comcast.net
reply to comcasted

I guess you are having a Comcastic day for the next 12 months at least.

$70/m is too high for me. :-(

Do you think that they will do 50Mbps for $50+- couple bucks, the logic being that if OOL and CV and do 101Mbps for $99 you should be able to do 50Mbps for $50 or near there.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Verizon Broadban..
reply to hata28

I called up comcast to see if that was an option but it wasn't. Said there was no promotion for that price but the current promotion was $99. Not biting that! For $70, i would. Not for $100. Oh well. You got a good deal!
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

hata28

Philadelphia, PA

did u speak to the HSI Tech support? CSR usually don't have the info? I have double check the price b4 I said YES and I was given my total bill per month too.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Verizon Broadban..

Must be regional thing. I called up again and spoke to tech support and he said there was no $69.99 plan and there was never one. Only $100 and $117. Claimed such a price did not exist. Tried to give them more money. I might try again later and see if playing the rep roulette helps. I can afford $69. $100 i can't. The first one was sales i think.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

Comcasted

@comcast.net

I would keep calling back, eventually you'll get someone who will give you what you want. just so that you stop calling

Eth_Rem
Premium
join:2009-06-17
Denver, CO
reply to comcasted

Like it or not, cable companies only very rarely compete with each other unlike the telcos.

And 50Meg service pricing is supposed to come down in some markets... once 100Meg launches anyway.
--
** I am a Comcast employee. Posts on this site are my own, not my employer's **

Comcasted

@comcast.net

any idea when that will happen? what about pricing...

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium
Charlotte, NC

1 edit
reply to comcasted

This is what I heard from a Comcast tech. Being in Minneapolis we are considered the "Show place" market. They have been testing 100Mbps for over a year now in some employees homes.

Orignally they were going to launch 50 / 50 or 100 / 50 something like that but didn't for whatever reason, I'm assuming because bonding on upload channels haven't happened or has IDK.

I forgot the exact reason, but I was told it was suppose to be 100 down to start but ended up scaling back to 50. I'm assuming money reasons and why give a 100 when you can give 50 now and hold off giving 100 right away when people will want more after a year or two.

I'm not claiming to be 100% so please don't take everything I'm saying at face value but it should be correct if I'm not mistaken. If anyone can back me up that would be great.
--
That was the wild boar.... Moo!
My podcast: The Banzai Beat »www.banzaibeat.com

netcool
Premium,VIP
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO
kudos:63

said by Chiyo:

This is what I heard from a Comcast tech. Being in Minneapolis we are considered the "Show place" market.

Minnesota is actually Comcast's "Showcase" market where they can show off all the latest and greatest to the shareholders.

If new speeds are going to be rolled out you can be pretty sure they'll be debuted in MN.

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium
Charlotte, NC
reply to Chiyo

thats it show case.. Either way I'm still confused why we got to be the awesome market. I think it has to do with several communities that have fiber or the fact Minneapolis has Wi-Fi.

either way kind of cool to get everything first but I guess it comes at a higher rate I was paying $135 for the 50 / 5 before I lowered it to save some cash money.
--
That was the wild boar.... Moo!
My podcast: The Banzai Beat »www.banzaibeat.com

shadowgod

join:2001-12-08
Torrington, CT
reply to Chiyo

said by Chiyo:

does OOL have a low cap?
Optimum Online has NO bandwidth caps. Ultra is 101/15, no caps for $99 a month. I used to live in a Comcast area of CT but moved to a Cablevision area. Very happy with OOL Ultra.