fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to RVAguy

to RVAguy

Re: Punishment for Calling in a Bomb Threat

said by RVAguy:

A man had a heart attack presumably brought on by the stress of trying to help others evacuate and looking for the bomb himself.
If you don't mind me asking, who presumes that the stress of evacuating was what killed him?

Did people actually see this happen (him helping people evacuate, then having the heart attack)? Or is it just guessing, couple with natural grief or anger?

Also, none of the articles suggest the police know who called in the threats. What source is saying that they do know?

Thanks.

RVAguy
Premium Member
join:2006-01-05
Richmond, VA

RVAguy

Premium Member

The family is the source for this info. Witnesses at suddenlink state he was helping with the evacuation and even reports of looking for the bomb. Again, this is all 3rd party info, so I cannot say for sure this is true.

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness

Thank you.
fatness

fatness to RVAguy

to RVAguy
said by RVAguy:

The family is the source for this info. Witnesses at suddenlink state he was helping with the evacuation and even reports of looking for the bomb. Again, this is all 3rd party info, so I cannot say for sure this is true.
It seems that if this is even partially true, it's information the police do have. Whereas if it's just guesswork and perhaps a reaction based on grief, the family would be more likely to talk to others, not to the police.

The news article either a day or 2 after the bomb threat did say that police had determined the death was unrelated. It sounded quite certain.

And the family knows who called in the threat, but the police don't know yet? I'm not saying that's not the case but it seems odd.

RVAguy
Premium Member
join:2006-01-05
Richmond, VA

RVAguy

Premium Member

The Rocky Mount Telegram isn't very reliable on a lot of stories. They try to sound like a legitimate paper, but they are not.

Again, I just look at the facts -
bomb threat is called in - man dies of heart attack -
both on the same day - coincidence? Let the jury decide - The last story reported isn't the latest news from the police. The paper hasn't followed up on the story...

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness

said by RVAguy:

Again, I just look at the facts -
bomb threat is called in - man dies of heart attack -
both on the same day - coincidence? Let the jury decide -
What is there for a jury to decide? There's no suspect apparently.
The last story reported isn't the latest news from the police. The paper hasn't followed up on the story...
What's the latest news from the police?