uniqs
share rss forum feed

bbinabox

join:2009-02-27
Louisville, KY
kudos:1

Back Home + Speed Testing + EDGE Modem UPDATE

1) Back Home

I'm back after a long month on the road training/deploying our 1st CLEC. I am more motivated now than ever because they are the first to offer both bundling and self financing ($50 installed!!!

Since we're still in pre-launch and its only their first week, I'm going to hold off on all of the wonderful details.

2) Speed Testing

But its great to be back and I loved the discussion a few weeks ago re: the satellite centric speed testing site and could not find the thread. Whaaaaappened to it?

Can someone please IM or email (tomw @ bbinabox.com) with the link or even the web site?

2) EDGE Modem UPDATE

I just finished testing our EDGE modem at toast.net, speakeasy and speedtest.net and wanted to try theirs out.

Thanks all, especially Greg. I appreciate your patience tremendously. We're now working on Telnet capabilities with the modem and like everything else, have to wait for the BIG to move. That's like attempting to steer the Titanic haha.

Have a great day everyone.

Regards,

Thanks in advance

tobicat
Premium
join:2005-04-18
Tombstone, AZ
Is this the one?

»www.ispgeeks.com/wild/

bbinabox

Louisville, KY
reply to bbinabox
That's it thank you tobicat.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY
reply to bbinabox
I seems to have either lost or misfiled that PDF spec sheet on this modem. You're calling it a GPRS/EDGE device, which I take to be synonymous with 3G and GSM. That then begs the question whether it's (eventually) upgradable to 4G compatibility.

And I'm still waiting to learn the inside diameter of the antenna bracket that goes with this newer style dish you were describing.

//greg//
--
HN7000S/98cm Prodelin/2w Osiris/ProPlus - G16/1250H/Germantown - NAT 66.82.187.152/Gateway 66.82.25.10/DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 3 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2009

bbinabox

Louisville, KY
Greg, I'll resend you the modem spec sheet.

I'll need to check on the 4G upgrade-ability of it for you. Great Q!

We will be using the Winegard DS-2076 for evals. We are looking into using Prodelins for our B2B partners yet haven't made the final decision on it yet.